How to get over a breakup and stop hurting?

Its been three weeks since my ex broke up with
me. We've been in contact everyday since usually via snapchat we've even met up a couple of times. But he's trying to be my friend and tells me he doesn't want to lose me as a friend. But talking to him everyday and seeing him isn't helping me at all it still hurts like crazy. I'm still so in love with him. I keep suggesting to him that we maybe cut all contact for a couple weeks or so but I can never do it. I really do still want him in my life but I just can't seem to be a normal friend to him right now. I just miss him so much it makes me sad if I don't hear from him even if it's just once throughout the day. We used to see each other every day and then suddenly one day to just not seeing each other at all is a huge change. Please help me with any suggestions you have on how to get over him and make the pain go away?

Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You'll NEVER stop hurting if you still talk to your ex. It doesn't work that way. You'll either have to deal with the pain and not get over him while talking to him or you have to cut contact and move on. Trust me. SO many people fall into the trap of thinking they can be friends with their ex's and be happy and move on. Logically that makes no sense and in practicality doesn't work.

• Thanks for the advice. I should really try and cut all contact with him. It's just hard.

• I can imagine that. I really can. I've been there too. It was the best decision I made to cut contact and i know it will be the same for you.

• Thank you 😊