HAS NO CONTACT EVER WORKED FOR YOU?

I say this because there is this relationship guru dating coach who says not contacting/talking to your ex will not get him back
I will post a link to many of her articles.. but I was wondering... has no contact for a long time (like a year) worked for you?
Im not talking about those cure 30 days that NC is implemented. Im talking about months and a year.

http://torontosnumber1datedoctor.com/blog/no-contact-brought-back-my-ex-im-sticking-to-nc/

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. I like when my contracts end.

What Guys Said 4

• when you choose no contact that mean developing the ability to accept the reality to live your life without any disturbance.
    yes for no contact.

• Yes. But I don't want them back, so radio silence is the only way to fly.

Ex's are ex's for a reason

• yes, i think some radio silence can work just fine. it is great to get rid of a girlfriend that you dont want anymore.

• No contact is a trick and a good trick. People try it for the first time thinking that I will bring their ex back only to realize that's not what no contact us for. No contact is almost like drug rehab. By staying completely isolated from their ex and all things related to their ex your brain has time to kinda chill out and recently on you and the other parts of your life and you start to realize you don't NEED to be with your ex. So if your ex does reappear you're a lot more calm and controlled around them and things are bound to go much smoother. Will it get your ex back? No there's no gaurantee and it's most likely not going to end with you two getting back together but it's a good thing. Stepping away allows you to evaluate what was with a clear head and most people realize that they're ex wasn't the best thing for them anyways.

What Girls Said 6

• No contact doesn't work for me. If a guy intentionally ignores me I just cut all ties. The no contact rule is an immature approach , and a manipulation tactic. I can't be bothered with mind games. I need to know where I stand with a guy. If I don't , then I just walk away.

If he ignored me he'd just be teaching me how to live without him, so my feelings would fade and I'd find it easier to move on from him

Communication strengthens a relationship. Silence causes distance

• ^^What she said!
      I totally agree - it's very immature and a total mind fuck. No bueno!

• The no contact rule is supposed to be used to move on from an ex, not get them back. No matter what an ex tells you as to why it ended, it won't make you feel any better. Besides, they could be making some bull shit up. I personally always do no contact because if someone doesn't want me anymore, then they won't get any of me. I move on with my life as if they were never around to begin with. IF they come back, then good for them, but i've move forward with my life.

• The no-contact "rule" is complete crap and plays no role in whether your ex will want to reconcile the relationship or not.

• yes it has. however, mine was not a case of dating and i feel much better now that i stopped contact.

• I only lasted give days sadly...

• I've never done no contact and I've always gotten my ex back