Your thoughts "A woman doesn't marry her husband for his money, she divorces him for his money"?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Seen it happen on many occasions, but naturally, many women who aren't that way nor care about money.

What Girls Said 15

• My thoughts are, the guys who say stuff like that are... the same idiots who say women are aged and ugly by the time we're 30 or 35.

Which is ironic, because, if those guys think women are so worthless after 30, you'd think they would understand why a divorcรฉe would try to get what she can out of a divorce.
    Lol.

In any case... whatever.
    10% Communication
    20% Put some fucking effort into making yr marriage work and keeping it hot, BEFORE these things become problems.
    70% Don't be an idiot when you choose a marriage partner.

End of.

• Meh, some do some don't. When my mama and father split she didn't take any of his money. Nill, nothing, zero. Picked up her things, took me and walked out. End of story. I think that's what bothered my dad the most. Like my mum didn't want to be associated with him. Wanted nothing to do with him. LOL

• If a man cares about money more than his family.. I will be more inclined to take away his money during divorce. Then give it away to someone in need or put it in my children's savings. Maybe use a little to go away on holiday and heal my heart.
    Depends how badly he hurt us due to his materialism and selfishness.
    Kind of like that woman who sold her cheating husbands Ferrari for ยฃ1 on Ebay.

Depends though on how mature we are as a couple. I'd like to avoid this kind of situation and never be rich.

• No i think they divorce and take half of the life they had built together in most cases a women has sacrificed a career to have kids or have more than equally contributed to the marriage emotionally and/monetry.
    Divorce can be a shitty time and in a lot of cases not something you want to go through and the actual breakup isn't ecen as bad as going through the whole court /laywer situation.

I hope i never ever have to go through it after being a casualty of my parents break up and being witness to my freinds marriage ending

• What nonsense.

• Get a good prenuptial agreement

• You know like last year they had a study on this. Women said they didn't leave because he was out of a job or broke its how he started to treat her. He would snap, nag, call her names, become cold, paranoid or more jealous. They also said the man became more lazy and bathed in self pity. They couldnt deal with the way he treated her.

• kind of ridiculous... women are more educated and get paid more than ever before.

• Some chicks do but most don't.

• no generalizing please

• My husband would get half of what I make. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I wouldn't marry or divorce anyone for their money. I'm not that manipulative and I'm not a gold digger.

• I hate how generally people assume it's women marrying for money. I don't like being portrayed like that. I mean why does it have to be women.

• Because of hypergamy. Women marry up therefore it's assumed the financial aspect is included. Even if she's richer there's probably something about him to that she can't get better then at that moment

• Lol what an image that women have. I cannot deny there are some women like that. But generalisation is strong here.

• Sure that's the reason, there is no other possibility. Bad husbands don't exist.

My mother has her own business, she makes her own money. When she was married to my "dad" ( they divorced when I was two, he hasn't been around since) he developed a gambling problem and he lost quite a lot of money. I don't quite know what happened but It didn't seem to do any bad damage.
    My sister & I didn't know about that, my mum has never bad mouthed him or ever really spoken about him at all. It was my Grandmother who told us what happened.
    In their divorce, again, I don't know exactly what he took, we've never asked, but from the odd comment made here and there, it was everything he could get his hands on.

She later got involved with someone who emotionally abused her for years, and spent her money like it was going out of fashion. Then when she finally threw him out, he tried ( and failed) to get half of everything. He'd also tried to clean his ex wife out in their divorce and not done so well there either.

Not once has she said a bitter word about either guys, & she doesn't go around mistrusting men. She simply got on with her life.

So it isn't just women and it isn't many women. Most women are as disgusted by it as you guys... but don't be saying there aren't men out there out for all they can get either.

What Guys Said 7

• That's why, ALWAYS insist on a prenup.

• no she does both. when you marry for money his money partially becomes yours because you can ask for it or he buys you things and keeps a roof over your head and what not. once you divorce you take some or a lot of his money without earning it at all.

• That's pretty accurate. Not 100%, since she marries with the intent to divorce. It's called the Long Game, or more accurately the Long Con.

• I think it's true. Especially in the USA where the divorce laws HEAVILY favor the woman. The woman can divorce a man and leave him with just the clothes on his back in the USA

• That's what Amber Heard follows in her life ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• That's true.

• Well i'd like to not believe that, but having been through a divorce, i would have to agree. She's smiling with my hard earned money. I just don't care about women anymore, just let them do the shit they want.