He broke my heart repeatedly and now wants me back?

He dumped me three times in the past month with lame half assed excuses like "stress of exams" and "something in the relationship isn't right". I took him back twice but now he wants me back again a third time. He messaged me saying the real reason he has kept on breaking up with me is because he hasn't felt this way about a girl since the last girl who really broke his heart and it is scaring him, but now he wants me to be by his side so I can help him through this. I believe his love for me is genuine and I love him too but I don't know if this is just a reason he convinced himself is the reason and he just wants to be with someone or he wants ME. I am finding it hard to trust him/feel betrayed and used now after he has broken my heart so many times but of course I want him back. What do I do?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• i didn't even read your story, yet i don't have to. what i know is that in situations like these, u can either listen to your heart or your brain. and the sooner you realize which one is right more often, the sooner you can avoid these types of situations. lets be honest, it already sounds like you've made up your mind and will get back with the lame as soon as he turns around. this is one of those life lessons people need to go through before they learn. being stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy had real feelings for you he'd be too scared of leaving you and you moving on. Clearly he has NO fear of you finding someone else if he was willing to already break up with you 3 times. That's not normal nor how normal guys react when they are in love with a girl. A guy who is in love will fight for you and not just leave you over shitty reasons. They'd be waaaay too scared of losing you for good.

What Guys Said 2

• Each excuse made him feel more guilty, so now he feels guilty enough to see his mistake, and since you were patient enough with him, he now trusts you with helping him out there. You should give him a chance.

• Fuck him, there are better guys out there

What Girls Said 3

• You feel betrayed, you don't trust him.. He broke your heart. So why do you want to go back? He's clearly not good for you... You need to move on.

• He is no good for you, just move on. Keep yourself busy and pay him no attention. He isn't worth your time, just keep moving.

• Don't take him back. Just move on.