After a break up, what do you do?

• Delete, block and trash everything related to your ex
  • Keep them as friends, keep all the things they gave you
  • Other: Let us know in the comments!
    Vote C

85

Most Helpful Guy

• Normally I move towns. Not sure if it's a part of the break up or I just find better jobs. It helps either way. Because I box everything up and the box with stuff that my ex gave me gets buried in a closet somewhere. I find it years later and laugh.

Most Helpful Girl

• depends if they meant a lot to me on an emotional level or not. If they gave me tender memories, I'll cherish them. I have a very sentimental nature, so while I won't be keeping them as a friend, I'll always remember them fondly if we had great times together, even if the break up was ugly. I'll probably keep things relating to him until they no longer have an affect on me, like if I fall in love again and have different romantic experiences. There's a point when those things become empty, there's no more emotional value to them, so that's the only way I'd get rid of them. I know this way it takes longer to get over someone, but you have to honour the memories that you have together, you can't just throw them away, even if the relationship turns sour over time. this song describes it too well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoeO_GO1cDo

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• A. Ex's are ex's for a reason, and generally I don't want to remember them. There are exceptions to this though. I'm texting one of them while writing this.

• Trash cuz it's the only place for rubbish and BS.

• Delete, block, trash and kick evefrying related..

• I don't know my ex is a hoe so i am still nice to her to get a good nut in every once in a while

What Girls Said 7

• I go into a "idc" mode and then after like two weeks, I finally accept it and cry it out loool and then slowly start to get rid of things over time.

• Cry and eat my emotions. Then two weeks later, I get back to regular life.

• I would block

• My breakups were always good ones, I am friends with them now.

• Delete his number and everything. I recently broke up with my ex but I'm keeping the Gucci bag he gave me for my bday.. Just trash the stuff that doesn't cost anything ll

• Forget him and find a new boyfriend the days after we broke up

• Most of the time, delete them from my life.