How do you get over heartbreak?

I was talking to this guy (a coworker) and mutual feelings were involved. We liked each other and we both knew that, but we were both so busy and never really got to go out or anything, so we were friends even though we had those feelings. He then started hanging out with another girl, who also worked with us. They started hanging around each other a lot, and I'm not too find of her because she tends to sleep around. I didn't know if he was doing anything with her or liked her, but I assumed. He also went back home for the summer and we've only spoken once or twice in a month. If he cared about me he'd talk to me right? And I'm too afraid to know if anything is going on between him and the other girl. But I've been heartbroken because I really liked him and I feel hurt that he left without saying bye, hung out with her his last 2 days before he left, and hasn't even been trying to talk to me. He even showed up to work with her one morning, in her car and she wasn't even scheduled to work. She also showered at our work bathroom, and he has his own car, so I expected the worst that morning. He comes back in 2 months and we still have to work together, and the other girl no longer works with us, so she isn't in the picture. But it'll be so awkward now and I don't wanna see him. I'm scared to know if anything happened with him and her, and my heart is heavy. How can I get over him?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Time and keeping busy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I say try your best to ignore him and maybe try to talk to other guys at work. I think maybe something did happen between them but like you said she sounds like she was sleeping around. It probably didn't work out and she isn't in the picture anymore whatever happened happened. If you find out you'll prob ne more butt hurt I say if he is coming back to work let it go, if he cared about you he would have pursues you just look your best and be confident :) Happy is attractive forget him only talk if he seems to pursue you if not it's not worth it. There are plenty of handsome guys out there and if can't see that then he isn't worth it ignore him

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Generally I do at least one good drunk and a few nights out partying with my friends, along with a fairly well-equipped trip out to my favorite shooting spot.

• Tove Lo- Habits

What Girls Said 3

• after you come to terms with it and overanalyze everything he/she/they did, it will just slowly starts to hurt less. it'll always be there, just to a lesser extent. then something will trigger a memory of you two and it'll hurt all over again. then you'll continue to heal with time until the memories don't hurt as much, until they feel like a throbbing numbness rather than a sharp debilitating pain. then you'll put yourself back out there and find someone so much better than him. someone you didn't expect to find or be compatible with.

• time... it's as simple as that

• Maybe you should consider a new job so you won't have to see him

• I love my job though :(