My ex just sent me an apology letter, should I reply or ignore her?

137

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on why she was apologizing whether or not you ignore or reply. it depends on your feelings towards the letter.

Most Helpful Guy

• Apology for what? Is she sincere? Do you accept it?

• For saying bad things about me!

• Say thank you. Then move on. This is her way of wiggling back into your life

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 12

• Depends on what she did for you two to break up.

If she hurt you to a point where you cannot physically handle to be in contact with her AT ALL, then don't.

But I you think you can manage to read the letter without over reacting or getting too upset, then go ahead; everyone deserves a second chance.

You don't have to date her again, but it's always nice to not have a grudge against anyone. Maybe you two could become friends to some extent.

• It depends on what damage was done and how profoundly that affected you.

Also, reaching out to her and accepting her apology might open a door for communication. She may have been using this as an excuse to talk to you again. Maybe she misses you. Or maybe her apology was genuine. Something to ponder.

• Think about the reason why you broke up. If the relationship was unhealthy and you didn't see a future wit your ex I think you should just move on.

• say thanks and leave it at that.

• I think that depends on you and what all she said.

• You could accept the apology and leave at that if you want to.

• Reply

• if you love her and want her then respond
    if NOT then ignore her

but don't make a quick decision , take your time and think twice

• She has enough respect to apologized. Just say thank you or you forgive her and move on.

• So if one accepts an apology, its over... you can go back to the way things were? Well then, why do some women I've seen in relationships still act as if the didn't forgive them for whatever they did, still remaining a bitch

• Eh... just say, "Thank You".

To me, it sounds like you moved on. I wouldn't text anymore than that.

• reply with a 1-2 word text to acknowledge that you got it and/or accept it just to be the bigger person but nothing more

What Guys Said 6

• it depends on a lot of reasons, but the result is same and the reasons are multiple.
    tell her that you forgive her before she send that letter+thanks+good luck.
    that's will make her feel guilty for what she did and will show her that you're the bigger one with a lot of self-esteem. (strong personality)
    Good luck...

• I guess you could say thank you, but don't go any further than that.

• It depends on what she's apologizing to.

• We have no details about why you guys broke up or what the letter even says. How are we supposed to help you?

• Ignore her. She's seeking attention and validation. Don't give her either.

• just say hello