What are your worst rejection stories?

What are your worst experiences that happened to you when you rejected somebody, that felt strong feelings toward you? Is there any second guessing, behavior changing, or does it not affect you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, doing the rejection is easy, thats why this question should be chock full of guy horror stories. The rejecter usually tends not to feel anything, thats the whole point. I've rejected a few girls and granted i felt a little guilty because I've been on that side of stick many times before and it sucks, but i usually stamp that down by putting myself in the shoes of the girl i rejected. Would she feel anything if she was the one who rejected me? NO! so i walk away.
    The difference between guy and girl rejection is that most guys at least give the girl a shot to make a pitch, most girls don't, they just judge off the cover.
    I rejected a girl once who liked me a lot, but i liked her friend, so it was mondo awkward talking to her friend who i liked but was only talking to me to express her friend's feelings for me... yikes. So as always i let her friend know i liked her instead and she... well... didn't feel the same. lol... ain't that a bitch. so i told her to tell the friend that likes me how she felt cuz it was the same way i felt.

Most Helpful Girl

• I told a guy after 2 dates that I didn't want to see him anymore. I didn't feel a connection. It was 2 dates. I just want to stress that point.

Well. He proceeded to text me constantly for the next year. When I blocked his number, he started doing it on a different number. He found me on social media and tried to request to be my friend.

2 freaking dates! And he went crazy on me.

• You should have gave him a chance, the guy was obviously smitten, considering he done all the above, most guys would be like oh well and go to the next. He must have felt some connection, some guys don't do that

• you see op this is what i am talking about. rejection is bad if the person harasses you. if you just grieve and wait until the grieving process is over then you can talk to the person again normally without thinking there is a connection

• ok well, I can only hope you know what it's like to be stalked by someone for a year. I hope you enjoy it.

What Guys Said 14

• Not the worst you hear but a girl called off our first date at the very last second when going to meet up. Sick relative or something. I'll always wonder. I was probably dumped before I got a chance.

• i was at this party and a female friend of mine was there too, my friends were inside and i wanted to take a leak. here many girls go to the male bathroom because the female ones are always full. so she was standing there in the door opening talking with her friend (in the toilet area, why?) and i overhear her saying "yeah I REALLY NEED A BOYFRIEND NOW" a couple moments later i stand in front of them to ask if they can make way to let me through as i need to take piss. i could not simply walk through them, thats not polite, so i wanted to ask her to let me pass through but before i could say anything she says "NO NOT YOU" i stood there like wtf? ''you are standing in the way, i need to take a piss'' i told her. she must've assumed i was going to hit on her or something.

i needed to take a piss and on my way there i was rejected by a girl for just existing.

• daaaang... off the bat lol

• Hmm, well, she's probably gotten enough positive reinforcement to allow her to keep thinking that.
      Hopefully she will learn some humility as life goes on.

I'm glad that *you* can at least laugh at this story, in retrospect.

• @redeyemindtricks she is not gonna make me feel bad about myself by treating me like that. she should learn some humility, she can use it.

• -talking to hot girl
    -rejected bc "looks just like her ex" wtf I can't help that
    -does 360 backflip outta there awfukbye. gif

• y u no allow anonymous opinions?
    i0.kym-cdn.com/.../y-u-no-guy.jpg

• Sorry if this long.

When I was in high school I had a dream and in that I was wearing a blue long sleeve thermal shirt and she was wearing a pink one. She and were walking down opposite sides of the hall way and we made direct eye contact from a distance and she said talking to her self with a smile and without a sound " he likes me" and we walked up to each other put our arms around each other and walked off happy. Well the next day it all came true except I was so fucking nervous I couldn't do it, so I walked away, and was hopelessly in love with her and I'm pretty sure she was too. But to this day it still effects me and I'm pretty sure I lost my soulmate.

• Well as a guy I normally don't have to reject anyone, since I'm a guy... Anyway being a guy I've been rejected too many times, but the time that stuck with me the most seems silly, but it was 7th grade and before I got two words out of my mouth to this girl she calls me ugly... Derailed my self confidence for a looooooong time.

• Oh man yeah that period of time is bad in its own self, sorry that happened to you

• @Tdieseler Haha I bet a lot of guys have, some ladies can be cold!! lol

• some? you mean most. I've never gotten over that gender privileged lifestyle that girls lead, thats why me and a few of my buddies make it our thing to bring em down to the ground. we act the same way they do, privileged, and guess what... they fucking hate it. Big surprise there eh...

• I got maced by this one college chick who had heard to many of the "1 in 3 girls in college get raped". I was just asking her if she wanted coffee.

• I told her no i'm not interested in dating you and i see you as a friend only. A mutual friend told her who is the girl i'm interested in, so whenever she sees us together she would come and ruin everything.
    She also asked me for my phone once to call her friend, when i gave it to her to she procceded directly to check messages. I tried taking it back, she didn't give it back until my phone fell on the ground, the screen was broken and i had to pay 170$ to fix it.

• 7th grade
    First girl I asked out
    I went up to her, Kindley asked her
    She laughed at me and said she could do better then someone like you
    I didn't ask out a girl again for years

• I was walking with my friends on a night out passing some bars where I approached two wonderful young ladies who were also walking by that night where she criticized my height (5 foot 7) saying "urrgh! get away from me, you look like a child or midget!" I have had tons of rejections that I can't even sometimes remember but am glad those rejections happened because now i can see what women really are deep down. (No offence)

• I'm 5' 4'' I've only had one girl mention my height, but I have been told I'm too skinny by girls. Oh well... It seems girls write me off before they can even see what kind of person I am.

• @red324 Yeah same here they are in to tall pretty boys, criminals and players. I believe in karma so I hope all these self entitled bitchy women get whats coming to them when they become post wall sluts.

• That's the good thing about being below average and not being asked out - I've never had to reject somebody yet :)

• Friendzoned... i think that sums it up

• rejection is the same as grieving so the only way it can be bad is if the person harasses you

• None, i've never asked a girl out or ask her to be my girlfriend

What Girls Said 5

• I had a guy that I met who constantly tried to make me jealous, which is ridiculous because he quite literally lived on the opposite side of the country. He text and called like crazy even though I kept telling him to leave me the fuck alone. He called my parents house looking for me. And he even started dating his ex again and told me when they were official again and asked if I was jealous lol.

It was pretty horrible. He was a sad little man.

• I have not been rejected simply because I am stingy when it comes to taking a step toward someone and kind of indifferent and have hard time to notice people who are hitting on me... Maybe because I am too much of an idiot when it comes to dating. But from the guys' perspective lamest ever rejection reason is that the girl has a boyfriend (even if she does not)... Man up girls.. Tell them you simply dont like them or are not interested in them rather than making up an imaginary boyfriend.

• I never got rejected becaUse I never asked anyone out

• Why though, what are you waiting on. Prince charming?

• @red324 haha these stuff are so complicated! I never approach because I'm afraid they will think I'm thirsty haha

• Well you don't really ask him out, don't make it that obvious, but just give him a subtle compliment and just start a simple conversation with him. You're still in school most likely, so for example say their is a cute guy in your class just do this with him. Just a little bit everyday, eventually you guys will get to know each well enough and maybe he will ask you out.

• Went out with a guy, didn't like him. Said I don't wanna see him again, went full retard and called me 18 million times and when I blocked him he called from other phones and had his friends call me.

• I once blocked a guy for wishing me a happy birthday lol nah just kidding

• We were cuddling after we did. He said I'm going to regret this? Wtf