How to tell a girl (who ust wants to be friends) that you need to stop talking?

Spoken to this girl for about 3 years, she def had feelings for me before but not now apparently. Its too much for me now and I want to bow out but still want there to be some sort of door open in the future. she's suggested we stopped talking two or three times before and neither time worked out after she usually contacted me again after a few days. This time its me however, and i dont want her thinking I didn't want her in my life.

Will she forget me? Do people ever realize what they lose when its gone and take a step forward? I want to regain control again over my life and how she sees me so i dont wana come across as emotional or anything but dont wana seem callous.

Most Helpful Girl

• If that's really what you want.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a tough one cause I do t know the whole conflict, why are you two so distant? What happen? What caused the first argument. I need to know what happen? The conflict only.

• the last conflict was a few months ago, i snapped at her because i was doing an essay and told her to go away basically. She didn't speak to me for days, said 'nothing was gona come out of our relationship' , then started messaging me again like normal. She knows i like her a lot now and it hurts she won't return it

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• it's smart and you're bing fair to yourself. just tell her that exactly.

• Id rather some emotions from an so or possible so rather than callous. Otherwise ill just mirror the lack of emotion and let him believe i dont care even if he's all i care sbout all i have thot about for months

• What do I mean this time it's you?

• Just tell her you need to take a break from her and figure out what you want and what you can handle or tell her you need a straighten a few things out or think about a few things. I'd call it a break though... not say 'stop talking'.

What Guys Said 0