Needing reassurance that it was the right thing?

My boyfriend and I broke up yesterday. He told me that at one point early in our relationship, that he was thinking about telling me that he loved me, but then my anxiety started to kick in, and his feelings of love retracted. Which made me more anxious. The last 2 months have been an anxiety ridden mess for me, because I noticed his change in demeanor and would ask him about it, but by doing so, I was only aggravating him more, which made him more closed, which made me even more anxious. I know that I deserve to be with someone who sees me and loves me beyond my anxiety, but I am so worried that if I just tried harder and sought help sooner that he would have loved me and everything would have worked out. Really trying to not live in the past and the what-ifs, but all the good parts of him and our relationship are flashing in my brain and its so hard to not call him up and ask to see him. He was actually the one who said that he couldnt date me anymore, although I was going to tell him that we should break-up if he couldn't apologize for the hurtful things he had said to me. I know it was the right thing, but oh it hurts and im so afraid of falling in love again and not having that love returned. it is the absolute worst feeling :(

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm soo sorry. I'm going through a very similar experience. Its so hard to love someone and all if a sudden act like none of it ever happened. It takes everything in me not to text or call him. I guess what I'm saying is that I completely understand you and If you need someone to talk to I'm here.

What Guys Said 1

• it was the right thing to do

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!