Guys, he broke up with me out of the blue, please help me understand it all?

My boyfriend out of the blue broke up with me, so I called him for an explanation and he said he's been going through a tough time and doesn't know where his head is at. He told me he lost two people close to him a couple days ago (which he never told me) so he's mourning. He also said he needs space and doesn't feel he can be in a relationship. Of course I was extremely upset because everything we had has been thrown away and knowing I can't be that way with him makes my heart ache.

We both cried on the phone and he told me how much he loves me, that he's sorry and will always be there for me. I just can't understand why he's willing to give it up when everything was great.

we ended on good terms. even in the middle of braking up on the phone I still supported him of his loss, and no bad words were said. After I ended the call upset he text me saying he loves me to the bottom of his heart.
I tried to act okay but really I'm killing inside.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• All of it was a lie and the tears were fake. "Space" is what a pussy says for breakup. It's over permanently. If he comes back around it'll only be to use you as an occasional fuck and backup plan till he finds someone else. You will not remain friends even if he suggests it or agrees to it. Get on with your life

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel your pain. Men are confusing.

• I'm in the same situation literally so don't worry xx

What Guys Said 1

• He most likely feels he can't be there for you, like he isn't all there so he might have left you to protect you and to not bring you down with him. Also maybe atm he doesn't want to worry about someone else or doesn't want to deal with being in a relationship. Keep a eye on him and keep the friendship good, and don't push any thing.

What Girls Said 1

• Um, if he's really lost people that are close to him... It's the breakup you're concerned with? If you aren't able to relate to his current state of mind, maybe that's why he needs the space.