Relationships and Respect?

So my boyfriend and I had a fight where he called me babe twice and I replied "what " in a kinda harsh tone although I didn't mean anything. Few minutes later he came into the room so **** and angry he said " I called you babe twice and all you could say was what" he also said "if you see me next time don't say hi " I was shocked so I left to my place although I felt awful for replying him with the "what " because not everyone likes the word so when I got back home I sent him a text apologizing for everything then he replied with " go and learn respect by then you would have a boyfriend " Although I've heard stories of people complaining that I'm disrespectful. I was scared has he broken up with me? And he recently posted a picture on his wall with a quote " when a relationship is ordained by God you don't need to force it to work " what does this mean? Is our relationship over?

11

What Guys Said 1

• He sounds like a complete nutcase to me. I'm afraid I have no idea what this means, except that he's a nutcase with a maturity level I would expect for someone maybe half his age. If it's over, I'm tempted to say, "Good riddance."

What Girls Said 1

• Respect is very important , but during an argument people often say things which are disrespectful. They become irrational and react to their negative emotions. So may say harsh words and make hasty decisions.

In your situation he's taken offence because he expected you to say something other than
    " what" and he didn't like your tone.

Your apology shows you respect him, because although you didn't view what you said as disrespectful... you still apologised.

Apologising isn't easy, especially when you know you have did nothing wrong , but it shows you value your relationship with him... more than your pride.

That in itself shows you weren't intentionally being disrespectful and should mean more to him that anything else which was said prior to the apology.

I disagree with his quote , because God still expects people to work at making the relationship work. That's why he gives guidelines and advice for married couples in the scriptures , because he knows both have a role to play and both need to heed his advice.

If he's religious then he should know forgiving people is paramount in Gods eyes. Without forgiveness a relationship with God would be invalid.