Should I reply to my ex's voicemail, or ignore it?

I broke up with him months ago, and we stayed friends for a while but he kept wanting more so finally I told him we needed to break off contact and move on with our lives. There's a festival going on in my home town that we both went to last year. He left me a minute long message, and some of the stuff he said was:

"It's been a year since we went out to ___. Thanks for being so amazing, it meant the world to me. Please be safe this weekend, but have a great time..."

"Thanks for everything and for making this last year so special. It meant the world to me and really got me back to square one. I have orders, moving to Idaho after this week so... You take care and have an amazing ___."

Is the polite thing to do to send him a farewell text or something? My hesitation is that he might just want to get back in contact with me, which I don't want.

• Reply
  • Ignore it
  • Other
    Vote C

74

Most Helpful Guy

• Ignore it. No good can come from it. You hold the power in this situation now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehh... you could reply with a "thanks". Since he's moving away maybe you don't have to worry about constant contact with him anymore perhaps? It would be the polite thing to do but if you really don't want any contact with him any longer and you're adamant about that, you could just ignore too.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Reply. But only short and friendly only to not be rude. but don't give him the feeling you want more.

• Ignore it, it's easier for everyone.

• Say thank you and proceed with the washing up.

What Girls Said 6

• If you truly want no more contact, just ignore the message. But it all depends on what you really want.

• I'd send him a short generic but sincere thanks and farewell type text. With no indication you want a return text.

• No. You don't need to reply to this message at all. It sounds like this is his way of saying bye to you. So just leave it at that. Let him have the last word and you both can move on.

• It's bait. Ignore and delete.

• No need to reply. He's your ex simply ignore it.

• Ignore it