Why is it so hard for me to delete my ex from facebook?

this guy played me and mistreated me while acting like he did nothing wrong. there's no way we can be friends, but I'm super sentimental and I can't bring myself to delete our pictures together or him off my facebook. Why is it so difficult? He was my first almost everything, so the feelings were pretty intense, but I'm not in love with him anymore.

72

Most Helpful Guy

• just push the delete key, and find someone better, your just making things hard on yourself.

• it's hard though, he was my friend for a long time before anything happened, I've known him since I was 12. So it's a bit more complicated.

• just pretend your deleting web browsing "junk" history.

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely understand, been through a similar situation myself. My best advice would be, just leave them right now and work on getting yourself back on the market.

He sounds like a twat and you can do so much better than him, you deserve better and you will find it 😊

Speak to some old male friends or even find some new ones to speak to, out at a bar, dating app etc.. It's easier to get over someone when you have someone else to focus your attention on.

Also admitting you don't love your ex is half the battle, but once you start focussing on you, you will slowly begin to more and more care less and eventually you'll delete everything without a second thought cause it means nothing.

Good luck with everything, and just remember you deserve better and you will find it. Plenty of fish in the sea 😚

• thank you, this really helped.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• ok here is what you do... sit down with your best friend.. have her delete it while u get some water. BAM problem solved!

• that's not an entirely bad idea... I'm also friends with some of his family and one of his friends... I'd have to delete them too... I'm really struggling cutting ties..

• maybe the ones who are like hihihi are the ones having difficulty deleting you in the first place, but moving on comes easy to the ones who do delete you?

• huh no because the girls who deleted me were calling every night for like 2 or 3 months after until BAM im blocked and deleted hahah

What Girls Said 6

• I kinda know God your feeling. My ex treated me so badly u could have him locked up if I went to the police. I called it off after time and it took me about 6 month to delete everything all the picture and text messages. I think a small part of me was hoping he'd make contact and we could somehow get back to what we used to be. That will never happen though. I had to get myself back into reality and think over all the pain and heartbreak this guy had put me through. I eventually deleted everything and it really helped me to move on. You see because I had no memories evident and easily accessible on my phone and in my room it made it a whole lot easier to get over it. It's a fresh start and it may be hard but I had to be strong so I could move on and start enjoying life again. I know every woman out there is strong and can do it :) do it for yourself becaus you can have sooo much more if you believe it x

• thank you for your response. why are some people such douchebags? it's not just guys either, women treat men really badly too. Mine was more emotional abuse rather than anything tangible, but the things we put up with when we're young and naive, ey? it's especially hard when you actually liked them as a person, not just a lover. You kind of form your own identity around them , so it feels like you're losing a part of yourself you might not want to get rid of when you're cutting ties. gotta be done sometime I guess. It's so true, you can have much more eventually.

• Yeah it's not a nice thing to happen. I did feel like I'd lost part of myself but I managed to find other things and new friends that kind of replaced it x

• It might be hard because it can be hard to move on from the past and maybe that is the last part of really letting go of him and realizing it really is over. But, I also think it is a good idea not to see those things anymore because it will help you move on. It is hard but it is kind of closure and getting rid of him for good. Especially if he didn't treat you right. I am sure the pictures are of happy memories which is also going to trick you into forgetting about all of the bad things he did. I would do it for closure and sake of moving on. I also know though, that a lot of people don't delete pics of their exes (unless a new SO tells them to) I figure it is because they just don't think about it, so if it isn't hurting you to see them, leave them there.

• Maybe it's because you're afraid of closure. Once you delete those photos and delete him from fb you know that you have put that part of your life behind you. Maybe you don't want to forget or maybe deep down you're still hurt and still have feelings for him despite you believing the opposite.

• that's true, i don't want to put him behind me perhaps.

• and yeah, I do have feelings for him, I'm just no longer in love with him after what he did if that makes sense.

• It makes sense. It's a big step and it can be really hard to finally put everything behind you. If you guys aren't friends anymore and you need to delete him you'll have to work up the courage. Maybe you can get someone else to do it for you if it's too hard.

• Clearly there is some emotional attachment or you would be able to

• did he already delete you

• Maybe to spy on him