How do I get him back without being the one running for him again?

Was with a guy for a 8 months was amazing, best time of my life so far. Things ended on bad terms.. Soon got talking again the same feelings but obviously different situation this time. I love him with all of me and think maybe he is my soul mate even if he just stays a friend all my life I want him there... Recently I've been chancing him
abit... But we argued and I was moving home and we've not spoken since, he's on my mind everyday but I don't want to be the one that messages him first because he always expects me to run back... Will he be in contact? How long do they normally take.. Or if he doesn't soon should I try and forget and not reply again... Please help me 😞

35

Most Helpful Guy

• For one thing, if things ended on bad terms and then you argued again, your not exactly helping your situation. Guys don't typically get back with a girl if there is a fair amount of drama.

If I were you I would avoid the arguments and bygones be bygones and just be upfront and honest with him.

If he starts to argue, just tell him that you don't want to because it sets you back each time. Don't let heated moments be an issue. I am not saying you have to give in every time, but perhaps pick you arguments wisely.

Most Helpful Girl

• No one can answer if he will be in contact with you or how long it would take.
    I would just contact him if it's driving you crazy. If you chose to wait it out I would continue living your life in the mean time and not let other opportunities of meeting other people pass you by.

What Guys Said 4

• So let me get this straight... you want him back but to save face you don't want to do anything to get him back? So basically wanting to do the typical female thing of wanting your cake and having it at the same time.
    Well let me clarify for you, you are gonna have to choose which one is more important to you. Getting him back or saving face.

• Do you don't even live near him?

• I was in uni, I live an hour away but moving back up soon

• Ah. Only way is if he msgs first. If it didn't work out the best thing is to probably move on, probably will go through the same thing and friends will likely get painful at some point. Either way it's best to forget him because you could be waiting a year-eternity.

• Grt over it lol u r sounding like nutjob

• not dat far.

What Girls Said 2

• Will he be in contact with you again?
    Well... your guess is as good as ours. He'll reach out to you if he's interested. If he doesn't, though, it'll work more in your favour to take that lack of interest from him in stride and just walk away. from the situation. You can't force someone to be interested, after all.

How long do guys normally take? However long they please. It's not like they're produced in factories, with a set response time.

• Act like you don't care, seem like you're moving on. Also take the time for yourself do everything possible to make yourself feel amazing. Seems strange but this has worked for me in the past.