After a break up did you never speak to your ex again?

My boyfriend and I of nearly five years have broken up. He has said to me previously he doesn't speak to exes again but I think they all dumped him. This time round he was confused about his feelings so we kind of broke up as we didn't know what to do and he seems to have been in a depressed state pushing me away. I said some harsh things as I was heart broken at the weekend but emailed him saying I didn't mean it and I would give him space now, which I emailed on Monday.
I haven't heard from him this week and I haven't chased as trying to stick to my word to see if he misses me etc, how else will he know?
His parents and mutual friends know. I miss him so much but he needs to work out what he wants on his own as I think he is having some commitment pressure issues. I just worry he will give up now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes in most of my break ups we stayed friends

Most Helpful Girl

• Heya, well I'm going through a similar thing right now. We argued and I told him to go to stop the constant arguing, we said we would see what happens. I messaged him and wrote a letter saying a few things and now he has not responded for a few days.

I think the best thing to do is to give him time and space. Now you feel sad and you miss why you had, just even having his presence there was a comfort you miss. It will get easier, stay busy and strong. He will eventually contact you but now he is hurting also and has gone into his man cave.

I have one fear though I am not sure you share the same? I fear he will find someone else and forget me... I try to reassure myself that I am a good girl for him and he knows it. Just the distance and ability not to talk is torturing.

Men are complex, I am sure with time he will miss what you both had. Men tend to take a little longer than us complex creatures to process things.. or they just do it in their own ways. No matter what use this as time to improve yourself and focus on you for a while. Have a cry if you need too. <3

• Bless you I feel your pain. Thanks for the reply.
      He isn't speaking to me at all and doesn't speak to exes. It was a silly break up in my eyes he has a lot going on and we was looking so houses then he said he didn't know how he felt about me anymore amd said he wants to be alone etc. Wouldn't speak to me or anything. Been five years this month though so it's hard just to walk away but I need to see what he does. Every time I contact him I know I won't get a reply so I have stopped contacting. Xx

• That's very good to keep focusing on other things. Keep it up. Remember that you did have quite a history and some mutual friends and ties. Chances are that you'll be able to talk to him again at some point, just try not to push it and keep yourself busy so that you can be at your best whenever that opportunity arises.

• @ak666 we don't really have any mutual friends as he hasn't really got many friends. His got like two friends one of which has never had a girlfriend and the other believes women belong in the kitchen and just wants his mate back down the pub. He will need to work this one out on his own. Xx

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah, done is done.

• I emailed her. She never responded. Well, then again, she wasn't really my girlfriend. She just used me.

• sorry to say this but after braking up with someone i usually never see them again

• We talked for maybe a month or so after.

• I was with my ex for eight years, we never spoke again. Holy feck i'm glad we didn't.

• Did you break up badly?

• Maybe he will when you meet other dudes... You don't seem like a head case at all haha

• Lol I think I am just being like an other girl, wanting to know what's going on then gradually dealing with it haha. Not sure he would as he always thinks he isn't good enough. If he can live with walking away rather than fighting for us then that's his decision I suppose. Xx

• Yeah if I was friends before hand or if I was trying to get back with them.

• never again, once that bitch is out, i never look back

What Girls Said 2

• yup that it.

• Correct.
    I NEVER speak to any ex dates online or offline once I decide not to see them.
    I just file and save their unread emails should I need them for legal purposes.

• I do the same. But the reason is different to keep convos. We have mutual friends so just in case they chat shit behind your back, I have proof they are lying.

• @yucel_eden Whereas I am just glad that email evidence are accepted in courts of law regarding intervention orders and breeches of them.