He hasn't reached out in weeks now?

Ok so my boyfriend, or should I say ex boyfriend and I haven't spoken to me for a few weeks. He was going through abit of a blip and kind of threw the towel in. I expected him to realise it was a mistake due to commitment issues and he hasn't reached out. Makes me very sad. I have been silent for a week now. Last time I saw him - I turned up at his house as I was being ignored - he just kept saying he didn't know.

I know I need to deal with the situation but am struggling as it was so shocking and just unexpected I guess as we was planning on buying a house and stuff then he suddenly bolted.

When do I give up I guess? Because I am struggling to not think he will come back - I have never had a break up before and we was together for 5 years this month. Please help.

Also, how do you move on from it?

What Guys Said 3

• I think there should be a threshold.. A man (or woman) shouldn't take bullshit beyond a certain point and have the guts to say "fuck it" when the time comes.

• Yeah I know, X

• Yup he speaks the truth, after a certain point you should be willing to let go

• Is this the one who was getting a job and traveled constantly?

• Yep. I know I am sounding like a stuck record! It's just because it was so unexpected and weird!

• If he's willing to throw you away that easily you really need tojust move on. Do you really want to be with someone you might see once a month anyway?

• I see him at weekends (fri, sat and sun). its been like that for ages that's the thing - but more so recently. He comes back sometimes in the week too, so evenings as well - it depends on the schedule for that week on where he is.

I know I prob need to just get on with it and each day is getting easier to be fair but it's just a strange situation at the mo. I don't get how someone can suddenly feel like that as he kept saying he was hoping he would snap out of it.

• yeah it is over, you need to move on... go on a couple of dates with other guys maybe

• Easier said than done, X

• I am (or was) going through a similar phase recently, so I know what you mean. But I don't hold on to the past, and meeting new people is the most practical way to move forward.

What Girls Said 0