How to deal with a stalker ex?

Background on the relationship with the ex:
Dated for two months. He broke it off by texting me at 4am saying we rushed things. Total BS. Ended up chasing after some girl he fell for via Xbox. This was 4 years ago.

Ever since the guy got broken up with he keeps trying to message me. At first it was all, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake" and "I'll wait forever for you!" Which I would either ignore or be quick to shoot down and tell him no. I'm in a wonderful and loving relationship with a guy I can see marrying one day. I have pointed this out on many occasions.

Recently he's started attempting to ask me out. All of which I've either ignored or shot down completely. But yet he persists. He's been doing similar to another friend of mine whom apparently dated him for two days until the same end happened. We just had a lengthy complain fest about him.

Long story short, he won't leave me alone. I've tried blocking him, he just made a new Facebook account and started messaging me again. He's added my friends and my sister who he hates, an act which I assume is to try and watch me. I even had a coworker tell me she thinks she saw him come through work one day.

He won't leave me alone. Should I just keep ignoring him? Or is there any other ways I could possibly get him to stop bugging me?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Call you local abused women's shelter and ask them for information about getting an injunction against him based on his stalking behavior.

• Doesn't he actually have to do something more in order for them to do something? I'm not entirely sure, I haven't had to deal with anything like this before

• The definition of stalking varies from state to state. In my state, cyberstalking is included in the definition and would entitle you to the issuance of an injunction. Your local women's/battered spouse shelter should be able to give you information about the requirements in your state.

• Okay, I'll have to look into that. Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep blocking his Facebook account. I think you can actually report him to Facebook if he's stalking you on there. And continue to ignore him. Does he live near you at all?

• I have no idea. Thankfully he never went to my house when we were dating so he doesn't know where I live either

What Guys Said 2

• In this situation, you should ask someone (or multiple people preferably) to help you. He's probably still in love with you but doesn't know how to get over you. He needs to find someone else who will love him back.

This guy is persistent and he won't stop until more people tell him to stop.

• Isn't there a way to block unknown users from messaging you on your Facebook account?

• I'm not sure, I haven't messed with messenger all too much aside from just messaging people

• I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

• No problem; I know there's a way. I just don't remember if you have to go through all your listed friends or just do it in a few clicks.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!