Ex messaged me after one month of no contact. What should I do?

He says he really wants to talk. What should I do? Do you think he misses me and possibly regrets leaving me? He was the one that broke it off and it was because he was starting to only see me as a friend. Everything was great with us when we were in a relationship.

It's been over 24 hours and he never ended up talking to me.

613

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me debunk this guy real quick for you.

"he was starting to only see me as a friend" = Some other girl caught his intention and in order to be with him, he has to dumb you, since she is also flirting back with him and giving him the green signal to give it a go, he has to come up with an excuse to breakup with you, any B. S excuse would do.

This "friend" line has been used by both genders, when trying to dump their partner in order to move on to their next love interest.

Either he's feeling guilty and wants you to ease his guilt by talking to him, so he would say "hey look, even though I dumped her for B. S reasons, she's still fine with me, so what I did wasn't that bad, guilt free" or the things aren't going as smoothly as he planned to with the other girl, so he wants to make sure to have you as a backup.

What do you do? You put your emotional state to the sight and start thinking logically and give this dude a boot for life... unless you want him to pull your strings and be an active part of "his" drama, then by all means do talk about to him.

If you don't respect yourself, he's definitely not gonna respect you either, with how he's proceeding, he does not respect you enough. In the end it's your choice in what you want to do.

• This makes a lot of sense. I can't be friends with him and I know that, so at this point I don't really see what we need to talk about. I know that I would never want him back as a boyfriend because I really don't trust him...

Most Helpful Girl

• Life tip! NEVER GET BACK WITH AN EX.

What Guys Said 12

• He can't find anyone else to fuck so he wants you as a backup plan till he finds someone else. He'll leave again

• Kinda hard to fuck when we live in completely different countries

• @mystintri that's your opinion and you're entitled to it

• Pretty much.

• More than likely you're a backup plan for him, a rebound. He most likely ran through the rest of his options and they didn't pan out like he thought and you're his second choice. I wouldn't fall for it, you'll just end up getting hurt when he leaves you again for somebody else. But if you really do want him back, I would just be distant with him and see where his mind is really at. Don't get too comfortable texting him or contacting him or he'll most likely back off and take you for granted

• He didn't leave me for someone else though.

• It's just a general rule of mine. If someone breaks up with but then tries to cone back in your life, be cautious because sometimes it's for some ulterior motive that could wind up hurting you again. Wasn't saying that it's the case with this dude and you but just saying to be cautious

• Possibly wants to clear the air or get something off his chest. But be careful don't reach out to him. He may have a hidden agenda

• Not contact.

• He's coming back to you because your his only option, find someone who will always put you first and not last on a list

• He probably can't get laid so you're his fall back. i do this reguarly.

• Nope. I live 2000 miles away

• Yeah, after 3 months of dating

• He wants vag

• Good luck.

• He's only after one thing as you well know.

• " I know that I would never want him back as a boyfriend because I really don't trust him..."

If you hadn't wanted him back, you wouldn't have posted this question on GaG, though.

• Run!

• ignore him

• Say hi

What Girls Said 5

• It's possible but I would be careful. If you're curious about what he wants by all means call him (I would) but just be careful. Good luck.

• It's up to you. If it was me, I would want to hear him out since what we had before was nice. He might genuinely miss you.

• do you still have feelings for him?

• A little.

• find out what he wants then figure out if you want the same thing

• I am curious to see what he wants. Thanks :-)

• Are you over it or no?

• Talk to him. If he's making the effort to talk to you, it means he cares about you.

• Yeah, but I'm afraid i'll become vulnerable around him and I don't want to... I don't know.