Boyfriend is mad at me and gonna dump me over a stupid fight that turned into something bigger?

so i got a new job in retail and I'm not good at math. i can do simple things like count out change but my boyfriend thinks that if i hate math and I'm not that good i need help. he tried helping but i froze up got scared and stopped talking and i did that in high school too. he then started talking to my sister and she chewed him out for being to hard on me and it turned into a big deal. he said when he see's me again he's gonna break up with me. how do i get him to deal with my flaws and not get mad every time something happens cause i don't ever see his even though he has some obviously.

67

Most Helpful Guy

• If he can't accept your flaws... then he won't accept you as a girlfriend and someday he'll feel embarrassed that you're his girlfriend and he'll humiliates you in front of his friends and in public = disrespect.

tell him that his threat mean nothing to you... cuz what happened prove that you really have a supportive and loved sister care about me... and negative boyfriend... and you're right... we should break up... cuz unfortunately I'm from mars and you're from earth and the relationship won't work.

that relationship give you less than what you want and breaking up will help to give yourself the respect that you need.

don't worry... I'm also stupid in math and that's mean no one perfect... but keep trying... you've capabilities need some effort and I'm sure you will find them.

Good luck...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say do it before he does it. I understand the math thing because I have a learning disability in math. I understand freezing up and everything. It's ridiculous for him to get angry with you over that, or telling you that you need help because of it. Now he wants to break up with you over it? Time to find someone else who doesn't care about silly things like that. I can't ever remember a time when my learning disability in math came between a guy and me.

What Guys Said 6

• Your boyfrienda an ass. Best to be breaking up with him anyways. If I were you I'd pull the trigger on it before he can even get in your house. Say your done I need a guy who won't be a complete bitch about something so minoot. Like you said you need someone who can deal with your flaws. Ideally out need someone who loves and apreciates the person you are and likes your flaws cuz they make them you.

• Move on find a better boyfriend

• Just let him go.

• Thats not the way to teach someone. Dump him, improve your algebra and shit on his face

• how sd u get through HS-- I don't get it

• Dump him , you have far more options than he does too , if you do want another boyfriend.

What Girls Said 5

• PSSSSSSSH Send his ass to the curb! God knows how many flaws I have yet my boyfriend takes them up the tail pipe and accepts it. Find another guy who'll love and accept you for whomever you are. That's bs. He shouldn't get mad at you for this. Dump him before he dumps you.

• If he wants to break up over math and your sister getting mad at you, then he's not even worth it.

• Let him. I don't think he's worth keeping around.

As long as you can count out the change and figure out your calculator, you're fine. He's just being a prick.

• He sounds very insensitive

• What the hell? You don't need to do math in a retail job, you just give them the change the register tells you to. Why is he being such a dick?