Do I dump my boyfriend for doing drugs?

I have dated my boyfriend for a while now - before dating him I didn't know he had taken drugs he has done MDMA and spokes a bit of pot. I don't know what I should be doing - the Mdma isn't a constant thing it's occasionally and it isn't around me.. The pot on the other hand is spokes regularly- a few times a week I would assume - I love this guy and I honestly don't know what to do - I know what my mum would say and I do know what I should be doing but I'm scared

513

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you're not compatible and you're not interested in making it work. I mean a little bit of pot here and there and a few party drugs isn't a big deal to me - that's something that wouldn't bother me at all. I know the guy I'm seeing now smokes pot but he's also increadibly professional and adult and does all the things he needs to - it's just his way of relaxing and that's fine with me (I don't smoke personally). So it depends on what you're ok with it what you're willing to work with. Nobody is perfect and if you're so bothered about your mothers approval it's probably best to move on.

What Guys Said 12

• If it were me I would. I don't want drugs in my life at all and that means anyone in my life doing them as well. It's just my choice, I don't even want to be around them. You have to decide for yourself what you want and can or can't accept.

• I would not stay with anyone who took drugs regularly.

• You don't need to be tarred with that brush. Leave him now before
    he gets busted and takes you down with him.

• Well I would find this scenario to be non-negotiable.

• Drugs are bad, they suck life and everything you love in life (i am told)

• Lol I do both, how does that effect anything. Dump him if u wanna be single and lonely lol

• It's up to you, I wouldn't mind if my partner did it once in a while or something but if there life revolves around it then you should leave them and hope they get some help.

• I would dump him.

• you or the drugs.

• Yes You should

• I would dump him. Stoners are stupid, irresponsible, and most of them end up in rehab, jail, or the morgue so I don't want anyone like him in my life

• I would

What Girls Said 4

• I'd end a relationship with a guy doing drugs. It's a deal breaker for me.

In time their behaviour and attitude changes , because drugs affects the chemistry in your brain. It damages the brain cells.

In the end , it just causes too much drama and complicates the relationship. Eventually the drugs will mean more to him than his relationship with you. He'll jeopradise the relationship for the sake of his drugs. In the long-term it'll drag you down... emotionally The side affects of taking drugs is so immense. It leads onto harder drugs too.

I'd never be in a relationship where I was second place in his life... to anyone or anything

• He smokes weed a few times a week so that means your considering leaving him? If you've been dating him for a while, why would you stay with him all this time and now just realized that this is a problem? You're age says 18-24 which means your an adult , so why are you worried about your mom not approving? Seems as if you're not compatible with your boyfriend

• seems like you been spoking somethin too girl

• you should.