Boyfriend dumped me after 6years, OVER A TEXT MESSAGE . And over his female friend. Any advice please?

Hi everyone. Me and my boyfriend were together 6 years, he's 25 I'm 24. we didn't live together. He was the love of my life we did fight but always sorted it and was okay after. He met this girl a year ago the became best friends ( she says she's a lesbian) he works with her. They go out from dinner, gym together, drinks, they actually do more things then we ever did with me. I was never aloud meet her and if I asked him he would say I'm just jealous and I'll act like a bitch to her? Which I never would do. We had plans last week to sit in and had a cosy night together but he went gym with her and then decided to go back to hers and hang out? He didn't come home till 11pm and I didn't get down till after 11 so it was latish. He always leaves me waiting. So I asked him when I seen him why did he go back to hers and he started screaming at me saying ' I'll go back to hers if I want to look at you your just being a cu*t and being so jealous of her, seriously get out of my house and go fu*king home' so I had to leave and go home. He didn't speak to me all week and on Friday I text him saying wanna talk? He said ' no' no I left him. 10 minutes ago I just get a text from him, ' you bring unneeded stress to my life, this whole week has been so peaceful without you, i do love u and care but I think it's for the best to end it' I didn't write back, I'm just so upset it's over his friend and over a text. He wasn't the nicest boyfriend he gave out to me a lot and called me names when we had fights and he always got angry when I tried to speak my mind or tell him something, he stopped taking me out, and never did anything with me. I do love him. Any advice? Why do u think he's done this? Should I write back to him? Thanks guys much appreciated x

65

Most Helpful Guy

• He cherishes the company of his "lesbian" friend than his company with you as he has ultimately shown by breaking up with you.

Hence, he is not boyfriend-material. Henceforth, maintain military silence towards him. Block and delete his contacts, including phone numbers and social media contacts if any.

Ensure information about your wellbeing and day-to-day activities do not filter through any third party to him, and vice-versa.

Remember: silence is a potent weapon. By not responding to his text, you’re devaluing its importance and depriving him of the satisfaction he craves. This tilts the balance of power in your favour. He expects you to reply. Do not! He's probably wondering: why haven't you responded. He thinks he’s the one calling the shot.

The art of silence is a potent weapon against any adversary.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is a total dickhead to trash six years over a text. He is not a MAN enough to come and talk and say I want to break up. He is a total dumbass to have his life over you. I agree he has life and friends and everything. As long as you didn't restrict him (as you said) he was just exaggerating and abusing you emotionally to make himself happy going out with others and having fun etc. And I am kind of suspicious if the girl is really lesbian. Also if a man is calling you names when getting angry, then it means he is insecure and he thinks he can pick on you whenever he wants because you won't get back at home. Calling names is a real ugly thing for both women and men. I would not bother to answer him, his texts and his calls from now on. I would move on and find a new bae. Let him drown in his own shit.

• Your right. Thank you hun! He actually doesn't even deserve a message back from me. Thanks for reading and helping x

What Guys Said 4

• Move on. If he dumps you via text, then that means he's not a real man but an immature douche. You deserve better and can definitely find better... There are a zillion nice guys who'd be hinored to be with you.

Believe me: you dodged a bullet.

• No, don't write back, because meh.

• He's a dickhead! Find a better and nicer guy, seriously.
    Was he your first long term boyfriend or something? I know its tough but in a few months you will look back and just be happier without him, you can do better there's plenty of guys out there!

• Yes he was , my first love and long term boyfriend. I had hopes and dreams. But your right I will be okay, and happier in the long -run. I just have to get over this hump. Maybe one day he'll realise.

• Why would you want to go back with him? He sounds like a total douchebag

What Girls Said 5

• The thing is you wouldn't be jealous if he was paying just as much attention to you as he is to her, that snot okay. He's talking to you so rudely, I would never let my boyfriend talk to me like that. I think you should reply to him and tell him that if he treated you well and made you feel wanted then you wouldn't be so "needy", and tell him you don't need him because you don't. Why settle for someone who doesn't treat you well.

• but then again you don't have to respond, I just feel like he should know that he treats you like shit.

• Thanks for reading my question and answerin back. He doesn't even deserve a text from me I think. Thanks for helping xx

• I know its hard but FORGET HIM. As you have said he wasn't the nicest boyfriend, he puts other people first, he doesn't treat you with respect, sounds slightly abusive.
    Mate, get out while you can't. Take the free pass and leave! Delete his number and get him out your life.

• Thanks for helping and reading my question. Your so right. I think I'll ways remember him fondly as a asshole. I have to try and forget him but 6 years is hard to forget. Thanks again x

• I know the feeling trust me. The relationship doesn't look healthy though.

• Sounds like a dick, don't bother replying. Although I know you will because it's hard. Just be careful. You should be with someone who respects you even in a fight.

• Move on. All you can do at this point right? You'll find someone who treats you better

• Once you get over the initial pain, you'll look back and be glad it's over. So don't try to prolong the pain by thinking he's worth it.