What's the point of being bitter and angry about a past relationship, if you're happy in your new one?

So my ex randomly up and left me for a guy in December, they're still together. I'm happy for her.

I never been the type to pay attention to an ex after they moved on, I don't even bother with them.

Its been 7 months since our breakup. I've been No Contact for those 7 months.

2 weeks before my bday I notice she had unblocked me on social media cause she was liking my stuff and I didn't bite the breadcrumbs.

so a couple days before my bday she was texting my best friend telling him to me, to text her. I said I'm not going to bother. So my bday she texted me happy birthday, she started saying how proud she was of me and glad I found someone who makes me happy. Etc all positive things...

well then 2 days later, she just snaps on me out of nowhere. With "I want you to know I cheated on you twice, Im blocking you and your friends off everything, yada yada". -____-

I never replied back. I was just questioning "how was you so nice and cheerful and positive 2 days ago, now you're bitter and upset about something".

i honestly don't know if she cheated but it's been 7 months why bring it up now when we've both moved on?

i wasn't even going to argue because if you're in a relationship the same one you left me for why are you still bringing up the past shouldn't you be focused on what's you have now

What's the point of being bitter and angry about a past relationship, if you're happy in your new one

125

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't speak from her perspective entirely because I've never been in that position. It sounds like she's upset at being rejected, insecure, immature, and angry she cannot control and manipulate you. I was abused and cheated on and it affects me to this day. I have nightmares about my ex. Like, I understand that is just how my mind is dealing with it. I've moved on and I'm happy, I just know if I ever saw him again it would hurt.

But when my ex cheated, all I could think of for a year was him and her, and even though we had no contact and she dumped him he confessed every single day he thinks of me. I think maybe for some people guilt keeps you occupied, like for him, and lack of closure kept me occupied.

I, however did get closure years later, I know something is severely wrong with him it's not me. It just takes as long as it takes. I think though, you should prevent her from contacting you; she will hurt you intentionally to try and regain control over you, don't let her.

Most Helpful Guy

• well clearly she wasn't as happy for you as she had indicated earlier and is not over whatever may have happened in your relationship

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 11

• Oh wow lol this girl has issues! It sounds to me like you might have been a really good catch and she is kickng herself for letting you go. she thought she could throw you away and pick you up whenever she wanted to, but when you moved on and didn't pay attention to her it crushed her ego. so now she is lashing out. people like that will never be happy in any relationship until they fix their own internal issues.

• Because in reality they are still miserable regardless if they are with you or somebody else. Their trying to piece together the puzzle they made for themselves when they invested more then themselves into the relationship. In the end their about themselves, and some don't care who they hurt. It's best you leave her alone.

• hmm, sounds like you may have dodged an entire magazine of bullets.

she's likely jealous (if you're in a new relationship with someone you like) or just plain old crazy.

• She loves attention and you stopped giving it. Driving her crazy!
    She stooped low just to try and get a reaction from you as you made her feel inadequate.

She's too selfish to know how to love it seems!

• Because they're not...

• Some people can't let go. They want the other person 'punished' for some reason.

• There's no point in being bitter about a past relationship. Just move on and don't worry about what's going on in her life

• I think the honeymoon phase with the new guy is over and she was fishing to see if there was another chance and when she's realised you aren't bothered she's tried to have a dig at your to get a reaction - but it hasn't worked out as planned but that's what u get when you realise the grass isn't greener and good on you for not rising to the bullshit

• There is no point to it, I agree it's ridiculous. My best guess is she isn't happy with her current relationship (or lack there of) and wanted to get back together with you, although not enough that she actually tried to win you back. She probably got angry because she didn't get the response she wanted (namely a response period). Woman like to keep in near constant contact, and we like to know about what's going on in the world of the people around us. Ultimately, this is on her, but maybe you can a least get a glimpse of her possible mindset. Whatever the case though, she could've handled it better.

• There is absolutely no point. The past is in the past, and new partners shouldn't have to put up with that baggage.

• There is no point

What Guys Said 4

• It's fun

• because if they betrayed you then they must suffer.

• Their isn't one but clearly she Still loves you and realise she made a mistake in letting you go.

• You are right. There is no point, should move past away and focus on the current relationship thats happy