Does true love even exist?

I used to believe in true love and if it's meant to be with a person that they will come back to you, and that if you truly love somebody you will never stop loving them (and vice versa.)

But I don't believe in that any more. I dated a guy who was my closest friend for years and he treated me incredible as friends and at the start of the relationship. He treated all of his exes well (I helped him through break ups so I knew) and because I wanted to take it slow in the first month he treated me badly afterwards. We had been so close for years and we fell out once and he came back. He had told me for three years that he was in love with me, we planned that we would get married, everything. And he treated me bad, and during the break up he told me he doesn't care, he never loved me, that he will never come back, made fun of my appearance and personality, got with somebody else a week after saying he misses me and wants me in his life, and then described how great it was with her and what they do together and continued to be horrible to me. My best friend for years and the person I trusted with my life, and somebody I loved with my entire heart.

So I just don't trust anybody any more. I truly believe nobody will ever love me after too many abusive relationships and the worst one being with my best friend. I never have any feelings or attachment towards anybody now because I know they will get bored, treat me badly, make fun of me and leave. I just know it by this point. Does true love even exist?

65

Most Helpful Guy

• i hope it does, but it seems like it doesn't

Most Helpful Girl

• My definition of true love is making sacrifices for each other , considering the feelings , needs and wants of your SO. Compromising and communication

Fighting to make the relationship survive. The strength of their love should be stronger than any challenges that they face. They work together, as a couple to resolve and overcome any issues or problems within the relationship. Your SO has priority above everyone else

I've yet to experience the kind of love I've longed for all my life , but I know it exists , because it's the kind of love my parents experienced.

True love exists , but it's so rare to find. You know it's true love if the relationship endures... despite adversities that you both face

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• urban legend

• Wtf is 'true love' ? People get way too caught up on this soulmate bullshit.

>Meet a girl and get to know her
    >Have sex
    >Open up to each other

If she is down as fuck for you and you are down as fuck for her then you take it to the next level. Simple as that. Just fucking lol @ true love and this soulmate shit... that's reserved for overly emotional people.

• People will believe in it until they get some bad taste. I'm not sure & I don't really care. But I like to believe that it does.

• Yes it does exist but not like of one of those unrealistic cheesy saying like you described in first paragraph.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes. I have felt it once. I burned inside for one lover with an intense and constant desire. When we were together I could not let go of him. I loved making love to him. I loved to buy little sexy presents and send him little sexy notes and letters. Then I did something stupid and I lost him. I still love him with all my heart and nobody else has given me the same feelings.

• true love exists whether you stay together or not. Love is just a feeling whereas all the other aspects either fall into place or dont. You need some time alone and then you will find yourself maybe not falling in love but finding your convenience if you get what I mean

• Yes it does

• ı haven't found it yet but ı beleive that it exists as the world is so big.

• True love exists but you just might not end up with them which is a sad fact.