Would it bother you if your family is still in touch with your ex and they talk about them to you?

Like they talk to your exes family, they tell you how your ex and his spouse is doing, they tell you how his parents are doing. Take note that you have moved on

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated the daughter of my parent's friends. Not the best idea overall, but I can understand why my parents still hang out with her family. If there was no other connection I might find it odd, but situationally I think there are reasons for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• My aunt broke up with her ex like 3 years ago and we STILL invite him to all our family functions and routinely have dinner with him. He's just an awesome person, and since the break up wasn't bitter or anything, we don't feel like we have to pick sides. We did however ask if it bothered my aunt and she seems to have moved on and treats him like a friend, so that's why we don't think we're doing anything inappropriate by continuing to have him as our family friend. Me personally if it were my ex, kind of the same situation, but the only thing I wouldn't feel comfortable with is family talking about my new private life with him b/c that would be none of his business. We don't actually talk to my aunts ex about her life except to say she's fine or doing well, or just cordial stuff, but no details.

What Guys Said 18

• well im in this situation now. my mom still talks with my ex. honestly i wish i still talked to my ex but its been like four years now and i cut all contact. she was too hung up on me and she's a great girl that needs to give all of her to somebody. she did leave me by the way. me not talking to her is me doing her a favor.

• that would be a bit weird...

• We're still in contact with my son's ex. We've known her for 15 years. She was a bit of a daughter to us in the beginning.
    It's not because they divorced that we dump her too.

• My parents are best friends with his parents and they really admire him, he's a doctor now

• They both restarted their life with another person,
      both had a child.

• Same here, I had two and he has one.

• For the most part it wouldn't bother me that much and if it did I would have no problem in telling my family that there is no part of the X or his family that I care to hear or know about

• No it wouldn't bother me at all. Why? Because I have a life and they have theirs. I'm in control of me. I don't want or even try to control others or their choices. Its none of my business.

• I agree with you. I just have to ignore the talk. They are a bit disappointed that I am with a less successful guy but successful none the less. They also sad that I didn't marry someone who was also my race, they have a hard time relating to my husband's family

• You've got to live your life for you. I took a Steve McQueen quote as it's so meaningful and powerful to me. 'I live for myself and I answer to no one'. Simple really. Fuck what anyone else thinks.

• Yes... that's agony.

• Yeah, that's annoying

• It would bother me

• It would depend on why is she my ex. If we just broke up out of boredom, than no, it wouldn't bother me. If she made me suffer somehow, than yeah, it would, but for the sake of my relatives friendship with her I wouldn't say that to 'em or anyone else.

• I'm in that situation and I really don't give a fuck.

• yes it would but my family knows that my ex was a crappy person so im sure they will kick her ass for me :D

• Yeah

• Why would you tell your family about your relationships unless it was super serious?

• That would bother me.

• Yes, that would drive me up the wall, I disgust my ex.

• my old man would not talk to the bitch i left

• Yea it would bother me

• That would be more then awkward

What Girls Said 1

• Yes it would irritate me. Id feel betrayed by them. They are aware of the betrayal and hurt he caused me. They watched how he destroyed me emotionally. Although they saw me rebuild my life and regain my strength and move on , they know how much it'd hurt if they had contact with the one person who hurt me the most.

One of the ways I moved on from the hurt was to cut all ties. So if they had contact then they would be allowing him an opportunity to come , indirectly, back into my life. He doesn't deserve to know anything about me or my life.