If you love someone but you know you can't be together when is it time to let go 😢?

Say they want to be friends and they come in and out of your life and it hurts you because you still love them.

But you come to accept that you'll never be together, but you love them and don't know when to let go

Most Helpful Guy

• The time to let go is now. If circumstances are working against having a relationship, then don't mske yourself feel any worse! Leave.

BUT... (I'll bet you didn't see this coming...) I once was in a relationship with a very nice lady. Loved her very much. Same for her. We lived quite a bit apart, so we only got to see each other in person rarely. Because of the distance, she and "broke" it off. We became best friends. Promised each other we would always be friends. That was 21 years ago. I've never stopped loving her or caring about her. We still talk today (sent her a text this morning). So even though you both may not have a relationship, who says you have to quit feeling love for someone?

You go on with your life. You find someone else. But friendship like that? Who says THAT has to end? I know I'll never be with this lady, but I've never stopped loving her. She'll always have a special place in my heart.

• That's awesome that you still have a friendship with her. You and her have a special bond that even distance cannot break.

The man I'm in love with lives about 45 minutes away and he broke my heart but we continue to be friends but I find myself wanting more and it hurts. I love and care about him but I know at some point he will move on and I will be hurt.

Thank you very much for helping me 😊

• I was hurt for a while too, when she broke up with me. I realized I loved her more than I thought. Actually, it was her idea to promise to be friends forever.

She and I don't talk too often but that connection is still there between us. I hope you're able to get through this with your friend.

• Thank you 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• It's time to let go when it's causing you more pain than happiness.

Sometimes you have to let go of some people... not because you don't care about them or love them, just simply because the pain is too overwhelming to be able remain part of their life anymore

Giving up and not holding on any longer doesn't mean you are weak. It means you are strong enough to let go.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• When its hurting you to hold on to them that's a pretty good indication that its time to let them go.

• It does hurt :( I'm sorry you're going through this but the best thing to do is put yourself first. Why would you want to care for someone who hurt you that badly? If seeing them as only hurts, don't take that poison. It's good to be on mutual terms so focus on yourself and find new ways to enhance your life :)