Should I be upset that my ex- boyfriend is sleeping with the town bike after a only a week?

My ex broke up with me because of a significant age gap. (him45 - me27), with the reasoning that he wanted a real relationship with someone his own age. It wasn't a messy split and we agreed we would both like to be friends but that I would need time to deal with my feelings about not being together anymore. '

So after only a week, in which we have not spoken at all, I find out that he is now sleeping with the town bike. I have known this woman for the past two years. The entire time my ex and I were together and have known her to be with at least two guys at once, I mean have one living with her and be sneaking out to see another. She has been dating a very good friend of mine for close to 6 months but seeing other men on the side.

So I guess my question is... Why after a two year relationship would a man sleep with someone he knows is trouble? And should I be upset that he has moved on so quickly?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Men don't equate feelings with sex the same way you did. The assumption that he is upset and is trying to move on may very well be false. He could have simply wanted sex. That's all.

Most Helpful Girl

• The question isn’t ‘Should you be upset’ and more so ‘What are you going to do about being upset?’ Of course this is going to upset you. It’s only natural. It’s probably upsetting for a few reasons; one being that it’s an utter blow to your ego. Out of all the juices to dip his d*ck in, he chooses the most shared, passed around, used up juices in town? Well, damn. Secondly, you probably still have an emotional attachment to him and don’t want to imagine him being intimate with anyone else in anyway let alone in such a memorable way. Hoes gonna hoe. They usually learn the hard way via STD, abortion, or falling for someone who will never view them as anything more important than a sex toy. You can’t worry about her and her life or how she chooses to live it.

He’s probably sleeping with her because 1. she’s easy/it’s easy/free pussy, yay! 2. it’s a distraction from what’s really going on with his heart. 3. he feels like being reckless and careless no matter how utterly stupid and risky is

The more important thing is: What are YOU going to do? I’d recommend stop pretending that you can be friends with someone you used to be intimate with. You’d avoid a lot of heartache and disappointment.

What Guys Said 3

• Well if he is only sleeping with the bike.. it is not to big of a deal.. but it it is with the maybe owner of the bike.. you may be on to something

• How is she trouble if he is just f.. king her?

He probably is for she is an easy lay

• Hahaha the town bike? Oh I laughed coffee out of my nose.

What Girls Said 4

• Some people, not just men, are able to very easily separate sex from feelings. Meaning that sleeping with someone who they know has been around the block and back will be zero of an issue, granted that they know they'll receive a release from their built up sexual tension.

As for your second question... I'd say that, if anything, you should be more happy that you're rid of him than anything else. What's there to be upset about him 'moving on so fast' if it could very well indicate that he was emotionally removed from the relationship far before the actual breakup? I mean... c'mon girl. You can do better.

• the "town bike" here might be only a rebound for your ex... but still he might be with her only for fun
    hope you move on

• I'd say just move on...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more