Is this a cruel way to break up with someone?

Would it be cruel to break up with a long distance boyfriend that you haven't been with for long by simply ignoring his texts and calls and blocking him on social media? The reason for doing this is because you hate breaking up with people and this seems like a much easier option

Most Helpful Guy

• You should at least just send him a message first telling him your change of heart before you go off blocking and ignoring. It's not nice to let him linger around thinking you might just be busy or something. "Set him free".

Most Helpful Girl

• I thinks its completely immature and cowardly honestly. I understand you hate breaking up but that person at least deserves an explanation and some form of closure. Just be mature about it and honest. I think most people would agree to at least wanting to know why and the honesty.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• No its cowardly

• It's not cruel but it is immature. The least you can do is tell him it's over.

• Best way to be a coward. Just tell him so he can move on

• I hope not I'm on the receiving end of one of those

• That would be incredibly cruel. Jesus.

• Yes and its much worse than if you just broke up with him normally.

• You're 12

• I know it's been 7 hours and you probably already did but it does sound very cruel

• It is mean, yes but muster up the courage to tell him instead it'll be better in the long run

• It's pathetic. It's only cruel if the other person is a weakling. Which is why it's cruel for guys to do this to girls.

• it is very cruel

What Girls Said 12

• yes, that's kinda selfish. if you guys are in a relationship they deserve some closure and a conversation. you can break up with them, and THEN do all of that stuff.

• Yes. That's very cruel, especially if you know it isn't over for him. And that's a very cowardly thing to do.

• It's both cruel and cowardly. The person at least deserves a message and a reason why.

• It's rude, cowardly, and simply unacceptable. Everyone deserves to know the truth and be treated with respect. But hey, maybe it's just me thinking this way

• Yup. Not only is it cruel, but it's really cowardly. Woman up. Don't be passive.

• You're definitely right , I need to stop being scared and just do it and get it done with

• Okay , thank you very much for being straight up and honest

• You're welcome. Try to always be courteous with situations like this because one day should you fall for someone and they find themselves in your current position, you'd want them to handle your heart with care.

• Of course. Communication is important. That method of breaking up is horrible. Just tell him honestly.

• That's a cowards way out but do what you want. I wouldn't do that to someone.

• Very cruel :/

• Yes. That's rude and very inconsiderate of his feelings.

• You should at least explain why you're ending it, so he'll understand.

• Its cruel

• Yes, that's very cruel. Just grow some balls and tell him. Put yourself in his shoes, it would make you a decent person to tell him. Also, no one likes to break up, NO ONE. But just be a decent person about it.