Did you ever regret breaking up with someone?

813

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not really, I say this because I once dated a girl when I was in high school. I had already made plans to join the military when I graduated, and while I was very flattered that she was into me, I was in all fairness not all that attracted to her, we went on several dates, kissed some, but it never went any further than that. I didn't want to have sex with her because I didn't want to use her that way. I was honest and broke up with her and I told her that I wasn't all that attracted to her. My only regret was not that I broke up with her, but only that I hurt her feelings, not because I was an ass about it. I just thought it would be better to be honest with her, than to have sex with her, get into a more serious relationship and then make this known to her. I never wanted to hurt her feelings or anything like that. I just wanted to be honest to both her and myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• At one time I did and got back together with him after a few months. It didn't work though, the incompatibility was just still there & I broke his heart. Again. I regret the getting back together and then hurting him but I don't regret not being with him.

What Guys Said 12

• Nope, because I broke up with them, for a reason. We obviously weren't compatible, so regretting that decision means that I wish we were both still unhappy, and I don't do that.

Now, I still miss people that I've broken up with, but I don't regret ending a relationship that wasn't working.

• No I can't say that I do. If I busted up with them it was either an unrepairable relationship or they cheated. All justifiable reasons to move along

• If I make a wrong decision , I delude myself that it was the right decision so I don't feel regret :/

• Nope.

• Nope. Breaking up with my ex was a very happy occasion.

• yes I have done

• How long did it take? Why did you break up with her?

• didn't take long to actually do... I was with them 6 months

• i regret taking a summer vacation when i went to get... a whole lotta pain could've been avoided.

• always

• Why you didn't try to get back together with them?

• it depends of who we are speaking of here
      my former crush dont want me and i dont wanna be her lapdog (IE. i have my own dose of Self Respect)
      my ex friends didn't change even if i tried to forgive them - they dont change.
      i regret it cos of course my emotional investment
      there's nothing else can i do aside of moving on

• I never broke up with anyone.

• Yeah, only one girl though

• why you broke up with her?

• Things were getting too complicated, but I feel like we could have worked it out

• I've only had one breakup and i dont regrete it one bit,,. i was getting bullshitted the whole time

• yes but i had no choice, because i was moving out of the state, and it sucked because she was my dream girl and the one i wanted. it was long ago back in high school.

What Girls Said 7

• nah never. i dont let go easy, so when i do, my reasons are legit.

• No, because I broke up with them for a reason. We were incompatible, or we were doing in different directions, you name it. If I had "doubts" I never would have broken up with them to begin with. Once I was certain how I felt I made the move and was better for it

• No. I regret not breaking up with someone sooner though.

• No I obviously broke up with them for a reason

• Yes and we are back together again.

• How long you guys were separated?

• No, from my experience, a breakup always has lead to me have even better relationships with others in the future. It's a learning experience. Breakups are an opportunity to grow.

• yes very much!