When you break up with someone is it a good thing to have a rebound?

I just recently broken up with someone and i want to know what would y'all do? My friends say you need a rebound and my mom of course says work on yourself. I'm only 21 and i feel right now like im 45 trying to get them out of my mind. WHat are y'all thoughts?

• HELL YEAH, F (SCREW) K HIM/HER
  • No, take time for yourself?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rebounds are a terrible idea. I really hope these people aren't your friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Work on yourself. My sister was crazy and tried a rebound when divorcing her newly wed husband bc he was cheating on her with escorts. Her rebound was a schizophrenic and almost killed her, leaving her bruised and pregnant while he was in jail. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but I am saying love is blind. If you jump into it too fast you may feel that you can't be independent anymore. Just wait it out for your own good

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• Only and only if it's for sex. To have a deeper connection with someone when your previous deep connection hasn't been broken yet is unwise. It's like going off to a boat ride when you still have a foot on the dock.

• Some good pussy always helped me after a breakup tbh. No emotional rebound but some good sex could help

• You should screw his brother.

• Take 4 to 6 weeks then start looking

What Girls Said 8

• Its up to you if you just want to use someone for sex. Personally I don't do rebounds. If you choose to do this just make sure it's a mutual no strings agreement so that you don't end up using some poor naive guy thats looking for something serious and thinks Christmas has came early. Lol.

• Rebounds are not a good idea. I had a nasty break up and I thought having a rebound was a great idea. But it honestly made it 10 times worse. I was sleeping with this lovely guy but constantly thinking and crying about my ex. I ended up really hurting the guy who was my rebound cause I was hung up over my ex. I've learned you definitely need time to heal.

• No, just try to improve yourself and focus on that. You'll meet someone, somehow. Also, you'd really hurt the other person. Take in consideration what you would feel if you were the one that the other person used as a rebound. Also, why bother invest your time in something that you know won't last?

• Rebounds are baaaaad.

• I think you should take your time, and don't rush into anything.

• No give yourself time. Dont Rebound

• I agree w/ mom.

• Everyone is different.. just know you and what works best at the end of the day.