How do I cut a toxic ex out of my life? I don't know what to do?

So about a year ago I dated this guy named John. He and I broke up 2 months later. Then this past spring he came back into my life and we agreed to be friends. As we kept texting and talking every single day (since like March through June) naturally feelings came back between the two of us and we both acknowledged that to each other and soon things started looking like we might get back together. He would start making all these promises based on his feelings for me and I actually started to believe him for once. Then 3 weeks ago he suddenly started dating this girl named morgan. We officially refriendzoned each other but we started arguing more and he started being really rude to me. Then today we were talking and he told me that he would never really consider seriously pursuing a long term relationship with him because I'm too slow for him in terms of becoming sexually active. He then asked me if I would have rather known or lived a life. I don't know but I'm feeling really betrayed right now. Whenever I let him in to my life he hurts me in someway but soon knows how to make it all better between us. I'm so hurt and confused right now. I thought we could just be friends but now I just want him out of my head. I've trusted him with a lot of secrets and now I'm scared to end all contact. Part of me wants his negative presence out of my life but the other half of me knows that I will miss him terribly due to how close we were. I don't know what to do!!! Please someone, anyone, please help me with this!

23

Most Helpful Guy

• 'refriendzoned' the cold hard truth is he fucked you over. There was no mutual 'friendzoning' going on here. Lol so you wouldn't put out and he dumped you basically, classsssyyyyy.

When you break up with a manipulative ex, you immediately block them on everything and IGNORE/instantly delete ANYTHING they say to you. It's like trying to pick up a wild racoon that really doesn't give two shits about you and will only scratch the shit out of you if you try to touch it, but you don't learn and yearn to keep picking it up because it looks cute.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way to remove him from your life is to cut all means of contact.

It's easier to remove someone from your life than your heart. I deleted pics, and anything else which reminded me of my ex. Every time I reminisced of dwelled on what was or what could have been , I just focused my attention elsewhere.

The more you remove things from your life which hurt and have a negative effect on you, then the more peaceful and happier your life will become. It's time to let go if a person is causing you more hurt than joy

What Guys Said 2

• 1,2,3 cut him out

Like that... done

• give him a closure and ignore him.

dont give him a closure and ignore him

What Girls Said 1

• Just cut contact. You're causing yourself pain by continuing to communicate with him. Just stop. Block. Unfollow. Unfriend. Erase. Delete. Avoid. There's more guys out there.