Should I take revenge or do nothing?

My boyfriend cheated on me really bad, should i take revenge or just let him go?

he did it with the girl i hate the most.

720

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to hear that. you are very pretty, so that isn't an issue (attraction).

If he cheated with someone who he knows is someone you dislike then do you think he was trying to "get at you" and hurt you. In other words, was your relationship emotionally difficult, fighting, not getting along, conflicts, e tc? the fact you say "take revenge" as an option tells me you two were at war emotionally.

He may have cheated in the sense the relationship was dying and he isn't mature enough to end this one before moving on. he may have done it because he has no morals to be with one person.

What to do requires knowing what the status is of this... but in general, I think both of you need professional counselor to help you because that was bad, my guess is it was bad before, and you really need to learn from these mistakes so you don't repeat them again. There is likely more going on below the surface (sub conscious) in both of you.

Note, not all guys are like that, but many are. Most people are not mature at that age, especially guys... they are hormonally driven with little moral compass to guide them.

I say dump him, but get counseling. Revenge means you feel shame, maybe fear, and anger... core human emotions... the bad ones! Don't do that, don't submit to those feelings. Find forgiveness, love (of self), understanding, etc.. I'm not saying that is easy. you cna't go through life screwing people that screw you... you'll leave a long trail of dead and wounded bodies...

P. S. God, that is Jesus, dealt with those core human emotions and should be explored to correct that reaction.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just move on. That's the best revenge you can do.

What Guys Said 19

• I'm really sorry this happened to you. As tempting as it is to take some sort of revenge, you may be best just moving on and getting on with your life grateful for the fact that you don't have this person in your life any more. As much as it may hurt now, you are better off without someone who can do that to you in your life... Be thankful you found out now what he is capable of, rather than finding out much further down the line. Feel sad, cry out your tears, realise that you deserve so much better, become stronger, and live your life for you, be happy, and move on! Good luck! :)

• Take revenge only if you can think of something creative. No nasty text messages to the girl... she will just be glad you are upset.

• โ€œThe monks used to say that revenge is like a two-headed rat viper. While you watch your enemy go down, you're being poisoned yourself." ~ Aang

Let your anger out, and then let it go. Forgive him. Forgiveness is the first step you have to take to begin healing.

• Take revenge by breaking up with him.

• Dump or forgive.

• If you take revenge just make sure you have the perfect side dish for it.

• The best revenge you can get is dumping his sorry ass and showing him that you need him MUCH less than he needs you. It's gonna fuck with his pride.

• Break up with him Taylor Swift style and find someone hotter. Lol.

• Always take revenge! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

• will taking revenge will get you something? if yes go for it otherwise find me I am here xD

• Just leave him. Or cut his dick off. Either way I support you.

• dont go fall into his class, let him go dont take him back, improving yourself is the best revenge

• Get a new boyfriend

• Do nothing. Revenge won't do you any good

• You beat up the girl, then beat up the guy. And wish them death.

• yes fuck his dog, he will not like that.

• Get revenge.

Change the password to his netflix account.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• If you take revenge you'd just give him the satisfaction of watching you suffer. I wouldn't waste anymore valuable time on him. Use the time, effort and emotions you'd be using to take revenge on healing yourself and moving on.

People should never react or respond after they've been deeply hurt. Only bitterness and more hurt will be gained in the long-term

• let him go... karma will take care of it

• Just let it go. It's really not worth the effort to cheat on him then get back to him? I don't see what that accomplishes.

• You know the answer yourself; do nothing.
    Honestly, how are you even going to take revenge? What is going to revenge you? He already told you in action that he doesn't love you anymore. Be grown up and walk away from the situation.

• doing nothing is the best revenge , act like u dont even know him dont answer his calls that really works

• Just move on to something better. That's the best revenge