Broken up because he doesn't love me anymore?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. Just recently, like 3 days ago, he broke up with me saying he just doesn't have feelings anymore and that he just wants to be alone and has felt this way for a year. We moved in together early on, I've had bad jealousy issues (which I've been working on) and we basically just see each other way too much. He says he still cares about me, that he still thinks I'm beautiful and that he wants to remain friends. All which I believe. But, he just says that all the arguing I've done just ruined it all. He admits we've had great times together and that we have great chemistry and he loves my personality, but also says that there just isn't anything there. I've asked him if I give him his space and if we BOTH work on ourselves, if there's a chance in the future (but keeping my options open). He said maybe but there's no guarantee to predict the future. I don't know what else to do because I know, I FEEL, that there is something there and that he just needs to be alone and do his own thing for a while and then we can regroup. He says he still wants to be in contact and I'm all for it. I just really don't want to lose him, and I know he knows that. What should I do?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Give him space, leave him to his thoughts. It's the only real thing you can do.
    Arguing can kill off interest. Especially if it happens too often.
    Couples argue, but not everyone can handle it. I couldn't...

Also once a person's feelings is killed off, it can be very difficult and sometimes impossible to get it back. So I'm afraid it could be permanent...
    Just got to wait and see...

What Girls Said 1

• It seems like you really love him, but he needs some time to regroup. I think you should try doing your own thing too. It will me hard but try and see how you feel then.