Would you forgive someone again if they hurt you?

I won't go into details as but would you ever consider forgiving an ex or a person you were seeing if they said some hurtful things to you?
And how can you convince that person you changed if they are ignoring you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me... I don't ever let them hurt me a third time.
    If they are ignoring you then you can't and should wait until they want to listen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'll tell you my story and then you decide.

My ex and I had a terrible breakup, he cursed me out, called me names, disrespected me and I put myself down a lot for him to acknowledge my existence. BUT he wouldn't budge or take me back, or talk to me ever again. So what choice did he give me? I moved on...4 years passed and there's an email from him wondering how I am doing and he apologized to me for treating me like shit. I forgave him. We still talk today actually, it turns out his current girlfriend is also treating him like he treated me, karma is a bitch huh?

There is no way to convince someone that you changed, except hope that they see you changed. If the person is blind then you move on with your life. And when someone is ignoring you, they'll ignore you until they've noticed you're not talking to them anymore.

I hope that helped.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, by your age range I'm sure he's been through a lot of BS to simply forgive you. Find a way to talk to him in person and tell him everything you have to say. If he still ignores you, then just move on..

• I could forgive them, but I might still remove them from my life. Depends on what was said.

• I believe in forgiveness so yes. I've had someone very close to me stop talking to me for the last 5 years only to leave me guessing what I did wrong. I wouldn't want to treat people that way.

• Yeah I would consider it if it was in the heat of an argument or something like that I can let things go but it does take some work. I managed to get her attention again, just apologize or provide proof if you can

• It takes a lot to hurt me, so someone manages to do it they'd have to be trying. I don't need to be bothered with that type of person in my life

What Girls Said 14

• Yes, I may forgive them but that doesn't mean I'll forget what they did that hurt me. Depending on the situation, I may not want to continue the relationship/friendship but I can still forgive that person just to allow myself to heal. I don't like holding on to negativity.

• Im very much a forgive but don't forget kind of girl. Kind of depends on how bad it was. People say things they don't mean all the time but still there's a line you know you shouldn't cross even when you're blind angry.

• hi, i know you dont want to go into details but can i ask from which perspective you are coming from? the sayer or receiver? of the said words?

• Im the sayer. I thought he was ignoring me and trying to make excuses not to see me.
      So i got angry and said some words which i regret.. e. g No wonder why these certain people dont talk to you because you are like. . I also told his friend something he didn't want me sharing. So nothing major.

• so it seems like you felt he hurt you so you tried to hurt him back? you can only do your best to apologise and attempt to explain why you did what you did because you felt neglected and hurt and that you except it was insecure of you to behave that way, if you give him an honest explanation and let it rest with him and give him time to cool off because men have a more instant angry response and its meant to work out for you both he will come back to you, good luck xx

• Yes. Thank you. Thats what i was thinking. It might make him time to process it all. If we are really meant to be then he will contact me. It actually happened 1 year ago so i have been a bit slow in saying sorry. So i dont blame him for ignoring me still.

• A lot of the time my problem is that I forgive too easily, but I think if it was an ex or something like that, I'm not likely to go back there.

I think I forgive supposed 'friends' too easily. Girls that have been really awful to my face and behind my back, and I still try to make it work.

• Depending on the person I may give one more chance. Then they're on probation for at least a year. If they fuck up again, I'm out. Otherwise no.

• It would really have to depend on what was said and if it was indeed intentional?

If it's an "I never loved nor liked you and was only with you for sex" then he can forget even trying a friendship with me.

• It depends on what they said but generally I'm a very forgiving person. Almost too much

• Lol nope, but that's just who I am and most people are forgiving

• I've forgiven a lot of shit. So yea pretty much.

• Maybe, it would depend on what they said or did and if it was in retalian or not

• No I will never forgive him

• I would be able to forgive them, however, it doesn't mean i forget what they say to me. But I don't know if it really is forgive if you still find yourself mad and feeling resentful about it.

• Depends on what they did and why. Was it Intentional? Maybe it was a legit mistake? Some things can be forgiven and others can't.

• No I would not