Do exes ever try to get the person they dumped back?

Has it happened to you? What happened?

Or did they just try to be friends?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• ya about a year later, i get a mail around every year from them "wondering" what im up to. normally after they break up with someone... its pretty obvious what they are up to. funny is that they are doing better in life then me really, with her stupid little prediction she had when SHE broke up. but what ever i dont care. i was done with it in the end.

• Wow she sounds like a really narcissist. I hate it when they try to be all buddy buddy like fuck you.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, I suppose that happens. No, that has never happened to me. I have always been single.

• I don't believe in that still, since my ex girlfriend didn't look up for me in the last 7 months.

• Yes, I think we all have done that. In my experiences I found it never works. There's a reason for the break up.

I've always liked the saying. (A relic cigarette never tastes the same, and that's all I'll preach about rekindling an old flame)

• I was referring to an ex trying not me. I always hear that exes vome back after years to beg and i was wondering if it was true

• It's sometimes true. It all depends on the situation. But that cigarette line works for accepting your ex as well as going after next either way never go back to an ex

• Id never return to my exes. I hate them

• Yea it happened often with my fiancĂ©e in one or two of her previous relationships. I think she said she found out one of them was cheating on her so she asked him to choose and he chose the other woman but when it didn't work out he begged for her back.
    The second one was an abusive relationship. He would break up with her for any reason and make accusations about her cheating on him but then would beg for her back the next day.

• DAMN Im so glad she's with you now.

• I have not once ever tried to get back together with an ex. They are exes for a reason.

• Not you. Like if your exes tried to get back with you

• The longest relationship I had stopped while we were living together while renting a house together so we had to stay with each other for 6 months after I broke it off. She tried to get me to stay with her but I wouldn't.

• Aww I got you

• Never. They are ancient history. All the issues that caused the breakup will still be there.

What Girls Said 3

• my ex is still trying after a year. already moved tf on

• loool xD Did he just now try? Love it how they ditch you than go back.

• He's been trying. He tried shortly after we broke up and I still hear from him sometimes. I just ignore him. he should have appreciated me then.

• My ex didn't try to get back with me, he tried to become my friend again. Which is what we are now. But if you mean a lot to him, he will want you back.

• Ugh I fucking hate it when they do that like no bitch I dont want to be your friend.

• Yes. By then I'm cold to them though.

• Was it any of your like teenage relationships?

• I wasn't harassed. They casually worked their way back into talking to me. No less than a year.

• Thanks