Why do people cheat?

Why do you think peolle cheat on their partners?
Is it possible to love your partner but still cheat? And if you are a cheater how can you get out of the habit?

People

615

Most Helpful Guy

• Well there are many reasons as to why people cheat on their partners, here is a link that will help you understand.

www.psychologytoday.com/.../the-eight-reasons-people-cheat-their-partners

No, if you really love your partner then there is absolutely no chance that you will cheat on them , you won't even think about cheating on them ever!.

It's highly unlikely that a cheater will ever change!, although he may find out ways to mask/hide his intentions with their partner and use the partner trust to continue cheating behind their backs.

Hence no a cheater will never change. That's what I think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes , people in love still cheat. If you assume they can't , then you also have to assume those who aren't in love will cheat. This is totally unfounded. I'd never cheats on a guy. If I didn't love him or care about him , I'd leave him. I value loyalty too much , so I'd never deceive and betray a guy. Regardless if I loved him or not.

People who cheat are weak. They have no self-control over their desires and emotions. They lack willpower , they don't necessarily lack love for their SO.

If opportunity controls a person's loyalty then there's a weakness in their character. So cheating will always be their potential.

A persons character determines if they are capable of cheating , not how strong their love is.

A person who cheats may be so overwhelmed with guilt and feel such remorse afterwards. The guilt may become such a burden that it can strengthen their willpower, but I'd never trust anyone who has ever cheated on their SO.

• A lot of reasons could be, but one of them is to fullfil the emptiness,
      which your friend cannot. People are insecure, they might want to be desired,
      to try something new, but I guess people who cheat are only the one who are with unfullfiled desired or in case of dominancy.

• @DarkManX

I'm. so sorry to hear that. Breakups are so painful. I agree with you. It's best to walk away if you are no longer happy so they have the opportunity to find love again

• Yeah, perhaps we might find the true love one day, but it really depends.
      Or the people who hurted you might come back after years once they realize what they've lost.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• A few reasons.
    1) They are driven to it, by a partner who won't please them sexually but has trapped them in a relationship/marriage.
    2) The chance of a lifetime presents itself. Like a celeb or a hottie way way out of your league makes a serious pass at you. And you think... what the hell.
    3) They don't believe in monogamy and never will.

• I was wondering- if someone is pleased sexually be their partner , would they still cheat? I'm talking about guys here.

• Disagreeing with some of this. I've found that being pleased emotionally is MUCH more important than being pleased sexually.

However, the difference in opinions also shows that there's a difference in what would/could drive someone to do it.

• uh oh... who's cheating? LOL
    Is it you or him?

It's a deep rabbit hole once you start.

Cheating isn't a 'habit'. It's something a person does because they're attracted to the one they're cheating with - called the 'other woman' or 'other man'. OW or OM. And they wouldn't do it if they were completely satisfied with their primary lover.

All kinds of people cheat, especially if they think they won't get caught. Guess what? YOU ALWAYS GET CAUGHT!

Been on both sides of it. More than half of marriages one or the other will cheat.

• I think the main reason why people cheat is because they get lazy in their existing relationship or they require something new/different.

When you think about it though... most relationships evolve in a similar fashion! So in essence, you will reach the same point in the relationship with the person you left that other person for in the first place, most likely!

Other than if the other person was abusive, etc.,

• Cause they are fake people, who have high sex drives and no communication skills whatsoever. Yes but only emotionally as a guy I can sext or dirty talk women meaninglessly and still love her. communicate, be a polygamist, open relationship, cut your dick off, get morals

• Because two reasons.
    1) Something's missing in the relationship
    2) They're selfish, afraid to end it, inconsiderate

• because they are assholes.

• I noticed in every realtionship someone have to cheat..

• They are either stuck in a shit relationship or they are a horrible human being, probably a little of both.

• Its subjective. There could be many reasons

• They cheat because they are unhappy

• Because tastes vary

• option is the spice of life.

• The thrill of it probably

What Girls Said 5

• I think their afraid to talk to each other. I had no sex drive for a long time it was a medical reason that got taking care of sometime you just have to tell you partner what you would like, want or need. Just talk to each other.

• I don't know but I've never experienced being cheated on or done the cheating but it really grinds my gears when I hear about it

• People cheat for a lot of reasons... attention mostly, maybe connection. Yes I think it is very possible to be in love and cheat. I also believe it is possible to love more then one person at a time. For most people cheating doesn't become a habit and once it does I guess someone willing to play the game too and that they are really afraid to lose maybe?

• "Why do people cheat?" There are no reasons and excuses for cheating...
    Only cheaters cheat and that's because they are assholes who don't truly love nor care about their partner. We need to stop coming up with reasons and excuses for their behavior.

• Some will do it purely for an excitement. They meet someone with something special and they just go for it. For example, you eat plain bread everyday. One day someone offers you a slice of an amazing whole grain bread. Are you gonna try it?
    That's the way someone explained cheating to me. This person had a chance to sleep with someone out of his league and he couldn't say no.
    I'm not saying I agree with that. I'm saying sometimes cheating can be explained very simple.