Should be paying me child support?

We are not together just had baby July 9 .. My mom thinks he should be paying me a set amount of money for my son , or take him to court for child support instead , what should I do? He currently is taking care of his girlfriend and her daughter (by another man) .. he buys what I ask for the baby.. but should he instead be paying me a set amount for him?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• i think as long as he's taking care of what he needs to without the courts i wouldn't bother going through the courts BUT if he starts slacking then you should definitely do what you need to do

the only real reason to get courts involved in child support issues is when one parent is shirking their responsibilities

Most Helpful Girl

• Well courts objectively set things based on the evidence. They also clearly outline your rights as a parent, custody, and visitation. This makes things simpler. Also he caused the child so he should help care for it. Just as his new girlfriends baby's father should be taking care of that child.

What Guys Said 1

• Do you actually need it? He's supporting you and the child from what you said so...

And you do let him see his child right?

• He doesn't support me , I work , he does support our son though and yes I do let him see his dad

• If you're not having problems with child support then there's no need to involve the courts.

What Girls Said 2

• Of course he should. Talk to him before to go to court. Do an agreement with him. Tell him that you would like to set an amount of money for the baby support, and if he doesn't agree then you decide to go to court, or both of you can do the agreement by word or going to court together as friends. I did this with my baby dad. We decide the amount together and then we went to court and place it on a paper and visits were set up too. You don't want to start a war.

• yes he should be paying for child support