Do you think a father should be there for the daughter financially and emotionally?

This is regarding a mother who doesn't care if the baby daddy pays for any support, mom says I'm okay, but the father wants her only when he's in town because his job requires him to travel so she's being flexible to that need? What do you people think? I told her it must nice being a bachelor father with no responsibilities... any responses to make her wake the f up.

Just to clarify, the mother doesn't want baby daddy around, baby daddy only wants to see the child, on his schedule. In case anyone is confused
He isn't on child support or any legal crap.

Most Helpful Girl

• A child needs it's father and mother. Both parents have different roles in a child's life , but both parents' love and attention are equally as important to the child.

Children have many questions as they get older. So one day both parents are going to have to explain why the father has never been there for their child. The answer can have a detrimental effect on the child for the rest of it's life.

• Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• A father should be there for a daughter financially until she is 18 years old, and with decent parenting she should have the independence to go out and get her own apartment, job, schooling and take care of herself. She is no longer a child after that. If the child is young, the father should be one hundred percent responsible for the fruit of their loins. Man up and take responsibility.

A father would always be emotionally there for his daughter. I'd go through fire and fucking brimstone if I had a daughter. But I would make sure she was financially independent at a certain age. No one likes a deadbeat lazy ass.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know what the fuck you're on about, you're telling a woman it must be nice to be a bachelor father?

• Yes because he's not stepping up to taking care of his child financially and not being there on a consistent schedule, so he's living the bachelor life not having worries. They're seperated. What's so confusing?

• Her daughter is 3 years old.

• I'd offer my opinion as to What i would do but after that it's her deal. I've learnt that most of the time you have yo leave people to it.

• as an outsider. I've learned to just shut up. there are just things in a relationship, people on the outside, never get to see.

taking just the raw info you just wrote however... sure. he *should be* there. like any other story goes. both parents should be there for their kids. it's just the "right thing" to do/ the right way to raise the kid/the best thing for the kid.

but hey. like you said he has a job. is it really necessary to tie him down to a kid when it's not really necessary? Maybe the mom truly has her shit together. Or maybe, she still has feelings for him? and i guess you should take that into account

• also with your update: she clearly wants to take pride in taking care of her kid. if she doesn't want the baby daddy around, she doesn't want any support from the dad and i think it's fine... as long as she actually does in fact have her shit together and isn't just taking her pride as a priority

• so are you the 'dad's' friend or the mom's friend?

• Moms

• Depends on the father. Mine personally was a negative influence.

• Yeah he drinks and smokes unfortunately. The green. I mean I can't say every thing wrong with him in one sitting but I'll address as its brought up.

What Guys Said 1

• Father should help all his children. What is he earning for if he cannot take care of the family