What's your way of getting over a breakup?

• Cries, gets it out of your system and tries to move on
    57%(16)37%(22)Vote19%(6)
  • Doesn't cry, wait until an outburst of emotions
    0%(0)3%(2)Vote6%(2)
  • Eating as much as you can/eat your feelings
    14%(4)7%(4)Vote0%(0)
  • I've never had a relationship I cared much about
    11%(3)25%(15)Vote38%(12)
  • Other (explain)
    18%(5)28%(17)Vote37%(12)

Most Helpful Guy

• Voted B. I didn't cry, I just went numb.

Several months later, the stupidest most minor thing triggered me and THEN it all came pouring out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I internalize what is happening to help process the break up. If I broke up, it was for a good reason. I've had a few mutual break ups, and some due to moving, so nothing to be upset about. Only a very few actually broke my heart. So I try to learn from that mistake, and move on with my life. Hanging out with friends and enjoying hobbies usually helps.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 18

• Getting sh*tfaced untill I can't take it any more and I am disgusted by alcohol for few weeks. Lifting weights and setting new goals for myself. Learning new stuff and doing little projects to keep me busy. Enjoying time with other people and doing new stuff/visiting new places. Force myself into thinking it's over and facing my emotions. Watching "the swingers", "eternal sunshine of a spottles mind" or "full metal jacket" for 100+ time, again facing my emotions and finding hope. Going down tremenduously and looking at our old messages. Deciding it's time to erease them. Deleting our old photos, time to forget them. Discovering photo I didn't delete, and realizing how beautifull she is, sobbing quielty inside myself. Yelling at myself for being pussy and letting myself cry. Watching "how to lose weight in 4 easy steps" on youtube on replay, hoping I find another special girl one day. Going on vacation and having a good time. Realizing I haven't tought about her the whole day, being happy about it. Realizing I can't remember her face any more, just her lips, being somewhat scared but happy. Meeting interesting girl at work. Realizing she has beautifull smile. Gathering balls to ask her out. Asking her out and she says yes. Realizing it's been a week since I remembered my ex - life's good.

• ususally it's just finding distractions like friends, hobbies, etc

• Lots and lots of really loud and noisy music for a few days, and then I dive into work and work myself until I am nearly dead, and then back on the wagon a few months later, really I don't know why I keep trying, but a good thing, I have moved up quite far in my job.

• I find switching out sadness in place of anger is easier to deal with and get rid of (mostly) in an hour or two doing some physical activity.

• I might cry a little, but more so I get out and take a holiday, regroup and center myself and back to work I go.

I would not date anyone for another 6 months (minimum) and just focus on my daughter and I.

• masturbation.

• I let my emotions out and then find hobbies to fill my time. Most important part is to let it out of your system so it won't haunt you months later if you suppress it.

• A next relationship. But after overthinking things, not right away.

• Cry, see friends, have fun, meet new people

• Finding a new girl and removing the old one from my life completely

• i know its crazy but i talk to other girls and then it keeps my mind off the break up or i just spend money on new converse because why not

• Not getting into a relationship. :)

• Time will heal , i tried to hang out with friends as often as i could, well it helped , a little..

• Man up and move on.

• First relationship, two years, ended two weeks ago. Drank the first night. Heavily. And I'm not a drinker. Since then I've just been left in a pit of resentment towards my parents for fighting me over her for a whole fucking year and self-loathing for not having the courage to say yes to her when it might have mattered.

• Drink cry casual sex

What Girls Said 5

• Adding weights onto my workout, increasing each set by 3 and adding 1 rep.

Every time I feel the hurt, the anger, take it out via the gym.

Afterwards, I'm tired, happy, sore, and (fully honest) pretty damn horny. It's how I got over my last 2 exes.

- Although, it is okay to cry. Just make sure you remember WHY it didn't work out. Don't go all nostalgic about it.

Take it for what it is. Accept and move on.

• Honestly, I just force myself to move on with life. I'll give myself a few days to sort of wallow in it, but I don't allow myself to fall into a pit of despair over it. I continue on with my life as I normally would, allow myself to process the issue, and eventually my feelings towards it will naturally change, I'll feel better, find someone new, and move on.

• Honestly, praying takes away my worries/anxiousness in the heart than anything else.

But I would most likely go away for mini vacation/visit some relatives since they are loud (not in a bad way) and doesn't give you the chance to be upset.

• I find someone else.

• I'll cry and be real sad at first. Then I'll just hook up with someone else or go on dates with a new guy and drink a lot of alcohol. and delete them on social media and everything