I thought I could be friends with my ex but I just can't cause I love him, what do I tell him?

He broke up with me through text over a year ago and I didn't want a friendship cause I was heartbroken but he kept contacting me. So I accepted his friendship but right after the breakup he would still call me and say he loved me still and even called me babe. But now he never says he loves me and sometimes he stops talking to me.

I still love him but I've come to accept that he no longer feels the same way about me. I can't move on and it tears me up. I thought I could be he's friend but I can't help how I feel about him.

How do do I brink it up and what should I say?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• sorry for what happened.
    that friendship will only bring pain and will hold your back. you keep giving him the priority to enter into your life whenever he want... so stop trying to be cool and easy in his eyes and be strong and full of life in your eyes.

dear
    there's nothing stopping you from moving forward except you... just cut him out your life and surround yourself with positive people... because they at least will make you smile for free.

Good luck...

Most Helpful Girl

• Just don't reply if it's too hard to bring it bluntly

What Guys Said 1

• im kind of in the same boat. i just stopped talking to her altogether and i think it was the best decision i could have made. its just time to move one for both parties.

What Girls Said 2

• "There's no way we can be friends. We're both lying to ourselves."

• I know how hard this is for you, just lose all contact.