Is love just a waste?

I fell in love with a girl... A friend...

I felt such a connection with her, every time I looked into her eyes it was like looking into the universe...

She made me feel a way I have never felt before... I will never feel the same way about someone again... She is my first love I guess, and no one else will ever live to the standard I created in my head... not even her now...

She rejected me...

All the time, emotions, happiness, heart ache, for a year... Was for nothing?

Meaningless... Just supposed to move on, throw all those emotions and time away...

What is the point of love? It's such a waste... I loved her...

It really sucks, because it feels like the only way to make a relationship work is for the girl to love the guy... more than the guy loves the girl...

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is going to be the same way guy... You're supposed to fail, life teaches you lessons along the way. But the secret is, failure isn't what most people say it is. Its NOT failing to meet the exact requirements that you set out to accomplish, FAILURE IS QUITTING.
    Are you going to quit on love just because you had a minor setback? Besides NONE of us have control over outcomes... the most we can do is fall in love with the process...
    by the way... I've been there and was bitter for a LONG ASS time, its not healthy. Learn to love yourself it might take a couple of years but trust me its SOOOOO WORTH IT.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 6

• You have to live for yourself, not for anyone else and find happiness without needing another person to be the source of that happiness.

• so you had a bad experience she obviously wasn't the one but it doesn't mean love is a waste you will love again and a girl will love you back love is never a waste your just lucky if you find it

• I felt the same way about a guy

• Yes.

• you embellished her character in you head so the real version will never match up? moving on isn't about throwing everything away its about learning from the experience.

• I know I did... The trouble is I can't break that version... I know no one is perfect... But no one will live up to that image I have for her...

• What do you mean?

• you said you can't let go of her yet the person you can't let go of is the person in your mind. so letting go of the actual person should be easy

• Very nicely written. To bad she will probably never read this and realize what you meant to her.

• I am sad she will never know how I feel about her...

Even if I did get the words right... She rejected me... She doesn't want to date me... So there's not a point telling her...

• I am so stuck... I would love to talk to her...

I find it really difficult and walk away like it's nothing...

All my life, If I had a problem... I would always accept it, figure it out, and deal with it...

But with love, you are just supposed to forget about it? and Walk away like it's nothing?

I don't understand...

My heart really hurts, I think about her everyday... I just want it all to stop... and it doesn't... my heart and brain can't handle it...

• I know it hurts... 😔 I know it feels like you can't breath anymore and you absolutely can't focus anymore on anything because the very thought consumes you all the time and you feel like you drown any minute. Trust me I know... But before the both of you go completely insane you need to stop this. You can't bring yourself to talk to her about it. That option is out of question now. I'm for example currently hurt beyond believe and my only way out is to forget and push the thought away. Everything I used to love about this man must turn into hate for me to forget. Everything that I used to adore so much, must be erased from my memory now. I'm sorry but it's the only way out that I know off...

What Guys Said 1

• Oh dude, come on! I'm sorry but you sound like a pathetic hopeless romantic right now. You were stuck in the friendzone and she rejected you. You shouldn't have built up emotions, happiness and heart ache over a year for someone who you didn't even know if they felt the same way. Looking into her eyes wasn't like looking into the universe, she's just a girl.. Stop putting her on this pedestal as being this symbol of perfection. Be realistic about things, you meet a girl... You look for signs that she likes you, you throw some sings out as well.. Once you've received enough positive feedback and are confident that she likes you, you ask her out and take it from there.

• That's how it's usually done. For some reason some guys like to be misterious and never open up about how they feel.

• I thought I did see signs...

She seemed really shy, I thought she was into me, I felt we were both happy taking things slow... I mean she might have misled me... But the truth is I was inexperienced at the time and she was super friendly...

I learned a lot... But I will never feel this way about someone again...
      ----
      Also... Sometimes it's hard for a guy to open up his feelings, especially when he is actually in love... What kind of guy falls in love? I am a "pathetic hopeless romantic"...

• No, it's the fact you should have realized she wasn't into you before you waited so long and developed these feelings. It's fine to fall in love, however I only fall in love with someone who is also in love with me, why should I care about someone who doesn't care about me? Never become friends with a girl who you are attracted to, there's no point and it's deceptive. You need to show your intentions right from the start don't deceive her into thinking you're just a friend. Be assertive and go after what you want, I like a girl.. I'll wait till I have some signs that she likes me and I'll ask her out... It's no big deal. I've asked a girl out within 10 minutes of talking to her, she know's I'm interested in dating and I'm not some insecure guy who's trying to worm my way in through the friendzone because I lack the confidence to be direct and there's no surprises. We go on a date, see if we like each other and if we do, we go again. It's not that hard, it really isn't.