How do girls feel when they get put in the friendzone?

when you really like a guy and r not sure so u friendzone him. then later u get to kno the real him and want more but get rejected how would u feel.

3811

Most Helpful Girl

• I would feel a bit disappointed, as anyone would feel upon learning that they got rejected. However, I wouldn't really be surprised as, with my having failed to reciprocate his interest earlier on, I wouldn't blame him for placing his romantic/sexual interest elsewhere.

• a lot of respect for saying thia

• @brain5000 What you said is not much more than a generalized rule that you made on a handful of circumstances that you experienced and you advocate for it because it shifts all of the blame for your rejection onto the girls or some magical 'rule'. On anything but yourself.
      But hey- whatever helps you sleep better at night (alone).

• loool she said alone. bro dats cold

Sponsored

What Girls Said 37

• It's whatever. If he doesn't like me in that way, that's not his fault. I allow myself some time to be sad about it (usually around a day) and then I move on.

• I would assume the same as dudes.

• once you "friendzone" a girl you don't come back lol

• Has never happened to me. If I "friendzone" someone, it's for a good reason. I've never turned around or saw them as more.

I've had the opposite sorta happen though: a guy friendzoned me when I liked him in the beginning, then he turned around later and tried to hit me up again. Obviously, I wasn't accepting of his advances. I remember just feeling a bit disappointed, because the door was open, he closed it, and though that it'd actually be unlocked. Lol.

• I don't get friendzoned like.. ever. I don't feel like guys really do that much. I have gotten fuckzoned. Which can be hurtful.

• what is fuck zoned? please

• Wow--I've never heard that term before. Fuckzoned! Geez! I guess that might be the equivalent in some sense. It does sound pretty unpleasant, especially if you really want a relationship

• Id fuck zone you

• It fucking hurts, and everytime you try and get out it just brings back the same feelings
    Its s unique indescribable physical feeling that only happens during these times

Source: 12 years of trying to get out of the friendzone and make something more, with the same guy

• Now that you mention it, I realised I have never experienced this before. Maybe cos I don't even consider a guy as a romantic interest until he makes expresses it first. I know pretty old fashioned...

• Sorry, realised the misunderstood the question (I only read the question and not the explanation.

Yeah, I haven't had that happen either. If I decide I am not attracted to a guy romantically, I usually don't change my mind about it.

Also I think guys usually don't Friend zone someone they were once attracted to with such permanency. If there is a chance in the future with them, they lift the 'friendzoning."

• I am sure I would feel disappointed, feel less worthy, wonder what's wrong with me etc. But I think I would get over it pretty quick...

• Fair enuff

• The friendzone is not a fun place for anyone.

• Roller coaster. It comes back around. I don't get too upset...

• I will really upset there was a boy I was speaking to I thought he really liked me but its turns out he's just a really nice person and has a girlfriend

• pathetic. .. and then I try to distance myself from that guy by avoiding him for my own good..

• I might feel sad and regretful for a bit, and then try and move on.

• Well it depends, if I didn't consider them as a potential partner and they friendzone me immaturely with an 'Eww!' well I'd be a little offended but then get over it. A more small minded person would go for the o'l "I'LL SHOW HIM WHAT HE'S MISSIN OUT ON" plan and that could just...*sigh*... just end badly. Thank you Dad for raising me up a tomboy! Girls are exhausting

• I only have 2 guys in my friendzone. If I try to put a guy in the "in my panties zone" I don't take it to heart I just move on and find another.

• Obviously I would be a bit miffed, but being friend zoned is better than being an enemy or nothing to them. There's also a possibility that friendships can blossom into romance at some point.

• The same way guys feel when they get put in the friend zone: rejected. It sucks and is disappointing.

• I have been rejected by two guys. I was friends with them and liked them a lot and thought they felt the same way about me but they only liked me as a friend. I was so heartbroken both times. I cried a lot for a few months. It felt terrible.

• Disappointed and hurt, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for both genders.

• I felt like breaking off all contact and moving on with my life.

• I've never been put in the friendzone oh no one time I was n it felt like shit I cried but I was 13 lol I haven't been since then n if I do it's cool I don't bother really

• Crappy. It sucks to be rejected. We aren't heart less. We knows how it is to be rejected. It hurts a lot

• I'd be fine I'd just move on with my life. Better not to dwell on something what "could've been"

• Definitely upset but I wouldn't hold grudge over it because he has the right to reject me.

• Probably upset but then I would feel like I got what I deserved and would have to work harder to make him like me again.

• Disappointed but I would move on

• So I guess you've never been friendzoned yet?

• @The butterfly How would you react if he "rejected" you because he didn't notice you liked him and you actually felt rejected and later on he realized it and came back to you, asking for a second chance?

• I would give him a second chance, but if that didn't happen I wouldn't be heart broken either

• That I might have made a new good friend. If he doesn't want me, I don't have lustful feelings for him either.

• I would feel so disappointed and hurt that I let him go I guess it's the same if you were a girl getting friend zoned and he realised what he has lost

• Being put in the friend zone is the worst ever. 😑

• Meh not bothered.

• Nothing but hurt

• Then too bad for me. Ahahaha being put in the friend zone is never pleasant but yeah life goes on

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 11

• I'm sure for most but not all, it will be disappointing since that's the natural reaction when expectations aren't met 😊

• You like who you like. Just because a woman likes a guy, doesn't mean he feels anything for her, just like with women, and 'friendzoning' men.

• they wouldn't know

nah, they probably just feel ugly, because that's the only girl guys would friendzone.

• The friendzone was started by men mostly ugly men I've been there many moons ago now I don't ask out anyone cause most women are whores,

• women take rejection harder :-D ;-)

• Probably the same as guys

• Well girls aren't as sensitive as guys. I don't even think they give a fuck lol

• What makes you say that?

• Yeah... what makes you say that? If anything girls are MORE sensitive than guys are. You can't speak for a gender when you are not female.

• Only nerds get friendzoned.

• Probably feel unusual because it's something that doesn't happen to them as much

• Most likely like other girls who get rejected