HELP I'm breaking someone's heart and being THREATENED and I don't know what to do?

I dated this guy for a few months. I liked him but was always in love with someone else. Recently I decided to break up with him to be with the one I truly love.

He went CRAZY. He started threatening me, saying he'd post my nude pictures all over facebook and send them to my parents if we broke up, that whenever I'd try to get a job he'd make sure my boss saw them (He works for the police and has some crazy ass access to everything).

Today he called me crying, begging for us to get back saying I'm the love of his life. It really breaks my heart bc before dating me he had always had depression, insomnia and all that, and I "cured" him. He's telling me that now everything is coming back and that he wants to die. He keeps repeating on how he'll change and be an amazing bf/husband.

I've thought about hurting him and telling him the truth but he would obviously post the pictures. But I don't wanna be with him...

Please help? I'm desperate.

Guys, I'm sorry but going to the police is not an option. He is well known around all the police departments and if I tried to do anything against him I'd be the one to get fucked in the end.

Most Helpful Guy

• He is psycho, you should explain to him that you will have to report his behaviour if he continues to threaten you. And tell your parents about it.

• He knows people all over the police and where I live it's enough to make a girl shut up.

• Just because he knows people all over the police and such, it doesn't give him the power to stop them from helping you. The police will do what they can to help you, theyre not going to give a rat ass about him. You need to set up an order of protection from him.

Most Helpful Girl

• He can get in trouble for doing that to you, just know that. You can report it to the police so hed get his ass fired from that job. Plus, do not delete those text messages, saved it for evidence. he's basically harassing you. You shouldve never even dated him from the first place when you dont even like him that much. Just break up with him, he isn't a good guy. Seems like he can be abusive. Been there. Anyways, do tell him you will report to the police if he does post up your pics. I doubt he would post it up.

• I did like him a lot at the beginning. But he was very abusive (hitting, emotional blackmail, rape) so I started talking to this really nice guy that I've known for ages and decided to leave him. I'm afraid to break up with him bc of his influence over the police

• Then you need to leave and stay away from him. He still can't do anything about it even if he has influence with the police. The police won't take his side, but yours. You just need to have evidence. There are some people like him who are in the police force and military, the government didn't give a shit about their service and they still got in trouble by the cause they did.

• He doesn't own the police or the government.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• Turn him into internal affiars. Thats your only option at this point.

• Turn him into internal affairs

• An then file a restraining order against him.

• But how can I be sure that he won't post any pictures? I can't, right?

• If you say this to internal affairs, then if he does it proves extortion. Other wise I can't tell you if he wil or not. As ( controversial) as it may seem if he's does , I'll just bet you won't have any thing to be ashamed of concerning your own body. I'm sorry if he does but it's not the end of the world. Although this is the correct avenue to take. He will be notified imidiately from internal affairs.

• Do you have some grandparents living some way away where you could live for a while? That's what a girl I knew did in your situation (he also tried to use a knife on her)

• Get in contact with the internal affairs division of your police department and explain the situation.

He is an abusive person... DO NOT. Get back with him.

Why would your heart be broken when he's getting that hostile? This means he already has some sort of control over him.

Report him now!

• File a police report ASAP

• Read update...

• Contact your nearest women's protective service. Get recommendations for a lawyer. Have lawyer file police report and obtain restraint order from local court.

What Girls Said 4

• I hate it when people say "he's well known to the police so the whole department can't help me."

Yes, they can. Not all police officers are corrupt. They bag n' tag their own sometimes too. Go to the fucking cops.

• Please tell me you have these threats in text messages... if you do, you can turn it around on him and either threaten to or go through with bringing them to the police. It'll impact his employment and potentially lead to charges.

You have NOTHING to reel guilty about. People break up with people all the time and you don't owe anyone your affection. If he can't accept that, that is HIS issue and it's wrong (and illegal) of him to make it your issue.

• Record phone calls, save record of EVERYTHING he does! Call the police if you feel like your in danger, It will still help. Heartbreak are very painful try not to be so mean but also don't let him run over you. I'm here if you need to talk about anything. 😊

• Thanks doll <3 thing is He knows people all over the police and where I live it's enough to make a girl shut up.

• Well if your in danger find another male friend who cares and will protect you, keep a weapon close. Get a restraining order if he breaks that he can get in big trouble let since he's a police officer an all.

• then save those threats and conversations to use it against him