My moms cheating?

My mom is cheating on my dad, not physically (yet) but verbally on Facebook messenger. It started out friends because they had a surgery in common and now it's turning into something serious. The other guy is talking about "getting the other guy (my dad, you asshole!!!) out of the picture so they can be together" and I just don't know what to do, I've been crying for a few days straight at how unfaithful my mom is being. I don't know how to bring it up, she has a password set on her iPad but she didn't realize that I'm not as stupid as she thinks and I watched her type it in so I could read the messages because right from the start I knew the guy couldn't be trusted! My gut screamed it! So what do I do? How do I tell her how I feel when really I shouldn't have even known because how did I know the password?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Send him a message in Facebook and tell him that you know what's going on and that, if he keeps it up, you tell dad. Also, learn to take screen snapshots so you can get a picture of any incriminating evidence.

Meanwhile, when you are alone with mom, in the car let's say, simply be cold about it: "Mom why are you fooling aroubd with Mister X on Facebook?" It doesn't matter that you violated mom's privacy-she's still guilty. If mom punishes you, you punish mom by going to dad.

Basically, you need to be proactive toward nipping this in the bud and spare dad if you can, but if you can't, you tell dad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Call her out. Tell her you know exactly what she's been doing and ask her direct questions about it. This guy is an outlet for her and she is using him to make herself feel better, to feel connected, to feel more confident (my gut). Tell her you know and take it from there.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 7

• 1. There could well be good reasons why your mom is doing this
    2. What are you doing snooping around your mom's messenger etc?
    3. Let people live their lives and continue with yours
    4. The world was never meant to be a fair place
    5. So long as your parents love you, leave your parents to wash their own dishes please
    6. If that man is talking about getting your dad out of the picture then your mom obviously has been discussing with him and she may have good reason for all you know. You don't know everything that transpires between them.
    7. Stop traumatizing yourself

• #1... stay out of your mothers facebook unless it's out there for all to see. You said what the guy said to your mom, but not what her reply was. She may just be enjoying the attention and nothing else. Is your mom and dads relationship strong or does it lack attention, emotion, compassion, etc. from your dad? this is important because many men have no clue how to give a women the kind of support she needs as a women. Men and women are very different in this respect. I guess my advice it to not jump to assumptions. This does not mean she is cheating for sex or to meet the guy. While I don't think women doing this is thee right thing, just that some women feel so trapped that they search for what they need. Social media is great in some respects, but also really bad in others. Act on what you know, not what it might be.

• @Emiko Gave the best option.. Screen cap and demand that she ends her little escapade. Still a shitty situation though.

• Get ur dad a divorce

• Telling your mom won't help
    And if you didn't tell your dad , then you are part of the world conspiracy against him
    He's working to provide your living
    And your mom spend his money and giving her best to another man

• Sloots gonna sloot. Leave her be. Almost all married women cheat eventually. At least once.

• Give her the opportunity to come clean to your dad first. And give her a timeline. If she doesn't do it, tell your dad. But above all, make sure you have proof first.

What Girls Said 2

• tell your father but have proof first

• screen shot it and send it to yourself as proof.

tell her if she doesn't end it, you will by showing your father.