How long did it take you to get over your ex?

As I'm trying to get over my ex, I'm curious to see how long it took other people to get over their exes!

• Less than a month
  • 1 - 2 Months
  • 2 - 4 Months
    Vote C
  • 4 - 6 Months
    Vote D
  • 6 - 8 Months
    Vote E
  • 8 Months or More
    Vote F
Select a gender to cast your vote:

77

Most Helpful Guy

• Ten months now and counting. I am yet to move on, struggling to; mainly because I am yet to be given a reason why she wanted to break it off but she did it anyway. I was very depressed the first four months but today, I am just sad when I think about what I had and I don't think it is possible for me to completely move on till I enter my next relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• my 10 yr. relationship took me a year
    my 1 1/2 relationship - not long. by then i became more mature and learned that letting go of a relationship is not an end but a new beginning for both.
    i learned to take what i learned from the past and build a happier future.

What Guys Said 6

• Less than a week.
    Considering I was the one to break up, it was easy to get over her.

• Which one lol?

• Took over a year to get over my first girlfriend but i moved on and it was for the best.

• Never. I'll prolly re enter her life sometime.

• 8 Months or More

• I was over her about 3 months before I filed for divorce.

What Girls Said 6

• My last ex was about 4 months.

However me and my boyfriend are close to breaking up in my opinion and this will take me more than 4 months I think.

• I've heard it can 1/2 the time you were in the relationship or more. how long had you been with the person?

• I think when you're in love , you never truly get over that person. You just find a way of surviving without them being part of your life anymore. Your life moves on, but you always have a space in your heart reserved just for him/ her

• My first love almost 4 years of going back and forth. But what helped was a lot of dating inbetween our seprations and a lot of writing out my feeling in unveiled love letters. Also I have an amazing best friend who was their for me the last year my ex and I was communicating.,

• Less than 2 weeks, I don't even consider it a "real" ex...

• 30 seconds. Once I'm done with someone I'm done.