Which hurts you the most , and why?

Someone slowly distancing themselves from you , without an explanation

Or

Just suddenly cutting all contact with you , without an explanation

Most Helpful Guy

• Slow distancing, I think. In the pit of your stomach, you feel the eventual cut-off coming, but you can't say for sure, because it hasn't happened yet.

I had a friend do this to me for no justifiable reason. He basically just turned into a douche and didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore (unless he needed help with his college work, of course).

Most Helpful Girl

• They both suck. I guess the slow drift apart is the most hurtful because it's a constant and slow pain when someone you care for slowly begins to distance themselves from you with no explanation. At least when someone suddenly ups and leaves you know it's over and no longer have any room for false hope.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• Slow distancing.
    It's not so much the distancing that hurts , but the utter sense of helplessness , that you think there's something you can do , but much like the moving san dunes of The Sahara , ultimately everything turns to dust.

Suddenly poetic.

• I wonder what the reason for your question is.

Are you experiencing any of these situations right now? We can help you if you give us the specifics :-)

• having experience both, the intensity of pain is just the same
    but once you realized these persons do it just for their ego you let em go
    fuck them if they can't even find at least one logic excuse for this act

• the first one

• but honestly i dont care about either, because i done that both thousand times. especially the last one.

• The first.

• If either of those happened to me I'd cut it off asap. Ain't dealing with that bullshit

• They can't hurt me both.

Cause I'm the person that usually does those kinds of things😜

What Girls Said 11

• Slowly distancing themselves from you is worse, which is what a good friend of mine recently did to me. Because it puts you through all these emotions and confusion, and in the end you realize you'd wasted your time on them. Differently, when someone suddenly cuts you out of their life (which I've also experienced), it's less painful because it's like, "wait, what just happened? oh well." It hurts at first, but it's definitely easier to get over.

• I would say it is different pain in both. If they cut off the contact with you then you went from " oh my god, everything is so perfect" to "wtf did I do wrong?" in a matter of sec, min, days, whatever.

If they slowly do it then you can just get that gut feeling that something is wrong, and you start over thinking the shit even before it happened and you can slowly see and notice the other person drift off.

It is different kind of pain in both...

• The slowly one. It's the same as what's more painful? A bullet to the head, or having 4 people beat you up for the next hour

• Tbh both suck equally but if I noticed the first one I could possibly ask them for an explanation when I see them again since it's a slower process.
    Someone just totally disappearing from a person's life from one day to another without a word is just a total bitch move.

• I think when it's someone you thought you were close with, both hirt equally as much, but the first one brings along more desperation, because you feel it happening, but you can't stop it

• Just suddenly cutting all contact with me with no explanation. That would hurt heaps more

• Cutting all communication because you would feel as if you did something something wrong and you go into blaming yourself. But then you get over that and move on the next best thing. Because eventually once he/she see you out doing you he/she will try to hit you up with "hey stranger". Lol

• It depends on how much I care about the person and the relationship we have. I don't know, I guess I'll go with the second one

• None of them anymore. Couldn't care less.

• Both hurt me but the second hurts me more

• Both hurt if I like the person enough.