I need an answer ASAP. What should I do?

My girlfriend and I broke up yesterday and I talked to my parents about it. My mom is hard to read when it comes to finding out whether or not she likes my girlfriends. When I told her she seemed surprised and sad at the same time. So I figured my mom must have really liked my ex and thought she was right for me. Now my mom is always right about these type of things. So today I'll be having dinner with my ex just to talk about the breakup. I don't love her anymore but at the same time I can't imagine myself with another girl. I still miss her and she told me that she stills love me. Should we get back together?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a parent, but I have parents myself and have been told for 42 years that "no one likes to see their kid hurt". It doesn't matter if you were with the right or wrong person, your mom doesn't want to see you upset. Also, you are a better judge of how the relationship with your ex made your feel and you know reasons about why you needed to end it.

I know it's dumbass advice from an older person, but there really will be someone else to come along that just seems to fit in the puzzle perfectly in your life and your mom's. No one is psychic and has the ability to know things about whether or not someone should have been "the one" for you. You know at the time whether or not you were happy and if someone was going to cut it being in your life long term. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Breakups are always hard and full of mixed emotions. But from what I read if you don't love her anymore that's your answer. Your parents opinion is important but at the end of the day it's your relationship. I would say just end it and move on. Don't get yourself stuck in a loveless relationship.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• If you broke up, there was a reason you did. If you get back together, that same reason will continue to come back as many times as you decide to get back together. Also you mentioned that you did not love her but she still loved you. In this case, getting back together with her will give her hope and it will not be fair for her to be with someone who is not on the same level as her.

• no, you shouldn't.
    A. you broke up for a reason
    B. you dont love her
    C. moving forward, not backward, is always best

• Not if you don't love her.

What Guys Said 3

• If you really dont love her anymore then let her go, but if you still have a doubt then by all means get back together.

• Give it a week and then meet, give it a 2 weeks again then and then meet, then after 3 weeks. If the love is still there, and if you are not looking fr other people already. Be together.

• for the love of god
    break up done move on