My girlfriend left me for another guy even though I did everything right by her. Why did she do what she did?

Okay so I was dating this girl, who was the love of my life, for nearly 2 years. We were in a Christian relationship and I thought we'd be together forever. But Last month she wanted to break up with me using the 'I want to get closer to Jesus' card. I was upset but understandable of this. However after some thought things didn't add up and I've found out that because some new guy was giving her a little attention, which is purely given for his own selfish motives, she decided to leave me for him. Now she's with this 'great guy', she's drinking and basically become an entirely different person. It destroys me to see this because it has hurt me so much, yet I've done nothing wrong to deserve this. I Pray for her to sort herself out and come back to God but still I can't understand why she would do this to me. Is there anyone who could somehow try and help me understand her motives?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Because she got bored and isn't a real Christian. She doesn't want to get close to Jesus, she should be already doing that before you met her! Honestly. Please just listen. She wants to be in this world, she is carnal minded. There is nothing wrong with drinking, but you can't get drunk! If you are truly of him, God would have warned you about this chick. She is undeserving of you, and you need to just give it to God and walk away by moving on from her. Don't let the devil steal from you by using other people again. You can develop a relationship with Christ TOGETHER if God was in approval of this union, which obviously he wasn't.

Word of advice as another believer to another: Always include God to be the center and the final authority in your relationships. Even in marriage. If God warns you no with a certain person, the answer and final say is no. If she wanted to get closer to Christ, she didn't need to break up with you. All she had to do was get on a fast, and you could have done the same. No excuse. That is a bogus reason I have ever heard. Be glad she's gone so that you can focus on God, rely on him to shape you and mold you into a man of him and you will come across another woman who is worthy of your time. God bless.

Most Helpful Guy

• She didn't become an entirely different person, she was already that person. Your problem is that you expected her to have the same loyalty, morals and compassion that you had. Sounds like you were working from an old script without understanding that the vast majority of women in this day and age do not see goodness as a good thing and are influenced by the shallow, disposable hookup culture.

There is far too much to explain to you with this one and the truth is likely to be even more upsetting. Maybe you should have a read on hypergamy or something.

What Girls Said 4

• I honestly don't think it had anything to do with you, even if you did everything right, or did some things wrong. Luckily you guys were just dating rather than find this out right at the marriage season or after marriage. Sometimes people just change. She wasn't strong enough to avoid temptation, and what's worse is that she used the idea of being closer to Jesus to cover her excuse. That's so wrong. This is NOT the woman to spend the rest of your life with.

Assuming this just happened, understand that the wounds are fresh and most likely won't heal overnight or in a few months, etc. Give yourself time to grieve, breathe, and get it all out. Afterward, dust yourself off and move on with your life.

If this guy really is a lousy person, and is even introducing her into new unsettling territories, then sooner or later, she's going to realize where she messed up, especially if he really screws up and makes her angry or hurts her in some way.

Listen, it's going to be okay. You did nothing wrong, and this wasn't your fault. If she was meant to be, then somehow, she will come back, but hopefully more improved then before. If she's not the one, then dude, look to the Lord, becuase He's got you, and he'll send someone much better. So, either way, you win, right? It's either her, or somebody else.

Take yourself out somewhere for a distraction, like a movie, go to the gym, go enjoy a nice dinner, or be with friends and family. Don't torture yourself.

• Everything she said is true. Yes, and it is a good thing you two were dating, and nothing else. Move on, but I suggest to keep her in your prayers, so she can find her way back to the Lord.

• I know this is hard to accept but she didn't really love you. And if you did everything right then she probably isn't capable of loving anyone. Just be thankful that she didn't see this guy while dating you and treat you badly for it. At least she had the guts to leave you rather than cover up. But remember, if this girl did that to you she does not deserve you and your love. The fact that she tried to use a fake excuse for breaking up means that she feels bad but she can't help herself. Basically she probably really really really liked you but can't help hurting you just because she can. Some people are like that.

• The girlfriend to 21 is just a test model for many years to go before you come to the conclusion of who is right for you and who is not this girl is not. She found another and at her age wanted to move on. Whether right or wrong that's what she did. Your job is to realize that she's not the only girl in the world. That is hard right now. You will meet others and you will see the difference. It's true I know you hurt but it will pass. I love you hang in

• Probably as clearly she's not as devoted to her faith as you. Wanted to try new things that guy could offer but is against your religion

What Guys Said 2

• It's very painful to be left but there is a solution:

Stop trying to figure out her motives. She did what she did and she is completely entitled to do it. You can't really explain most of your own feelings anyway so it's well beyond your powers to try and understand hers.

You had a great time together, you must find a way to think about this in a positive light and not judge her. If you judge her, you're judging yourself too and that's not good,

So relax, find other things to think about, and let her go. She will be just fine. I know it's not easy to hear but she will.

But you will too. Just give yourself time and you will be much better. You will, as a result of this, meet someone even better than her.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Good luck.

• If u watch this video u will truly learn to grasped the truth. Nvr forget... treat all these female dogs how they wanna be treated 👌🏼
    https://youtu.be/xfeys7Jfnx8