Why do good things have to come to an end?

I'm feeling sad today everyone. Things ended between a really good man and I. When he approached me almost 2 months ago, we clicked instantly. I really liked the connection we had. It was easy and organic. But, then I quickly came to find out that he had ended a relationship of 2 or 3 years just 5 months ago. I knew deep down he wasn't over her and attempted to step back from the situation. We both agreed. But then we just kept talking to each other.. still holding on and it started making me feel resentful. And finally, yesterday morning he blocked me from social media. I texted him wanting to let him know that I was okay with it, but I wanted to understand his reasons. We ended up both agreeing that it wasn't the right time. He ended up telling me that he wasn't talking to her or anything, but that I had been right in saying he hadn't gotten over her and it wasn't fair to me. He said he blocked me moreso for him than because of me so that he wouldn't be able to contact me even if he wanted to. I told him that I understood and I wished him the best. I wanted us to leave on good terms because if we ever met up in the future, I wanted it to be nice and carefree. Said my goodbyes and in return he replied that he loves our connection.. that it was and still is amazing. He told me i was amazing and that i deserved more than what he was dealing me. He told me not to worry because he would see me again eventually, wished me the best, sent me a kiss and that was that

This. Sucks.

But do you think that there can be a possibility for us to reconnect later on? Thoughts?

Thank you in advance <3

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I know I put a poll up, but I also would like your opinions :)

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Its that way with everything one day we will all be dead and won't have to worry anymore

Most Helpful Girl

• You're still young, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE at this point.

“We met at the wrong time. Maybe one day years from now, we’ll meet in a coffee shop in a far away city somewhere and we could give it another shot.”

― Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

• Im literally watching this! Next up is Forgetting Sarah Marshall 😅

• I live in the States! If I ever bump into this dude, I will send him your way haha. Jk. But ughh. Temporary heartaches!

• Great movie..

What Guys Said 3

• Everything comes to an end at some point whether that be good or bad, but usually like they say, the hard part is you don't realize how good it was until it's gone.

But definitely, there is a chance that you could reconnect later on.. He'll get over his previous relationship eventually. The thing that usually stops people reconnecting later on though is these feelings that you have now, the feelings that he has... They're not going to stay for ever... You might not feel like it now, but give it a month from now and you might have totally moved on and there might be someone else in your life.

• Oh but I always knew it was good :) Im glad it happened honestly. And you are right. They are feelings of the moment.

• I don't think that possibility is there, and his response possibly was a "nice" way of letting you down easily.. This is just my honest opinion though. I do see a very possible friendship in the future :)

• Ouch. Hmm maybe you are right. But a friendship is possible too! I like your opinion because it comes from a place of experience. Thank you

• Yeah honesty can hurt sometimes, but how are we to learn otherwise? You are quite welcome and I hope you find that guy that is willing to put in as much as you seem to, no matter the baggage that might be carried along..

• well thats just life, ending always follows

What Girls Said 3

• At least he had enough respect for you to put things to an end. Some people just continue to communicate with the person or date of persons simply because they're using you as a rebound. He didn't do this to you so for that reason alone he deserves your respect.

• Try to be happy that you cross paths with someone who you had a great connection and keep it as a precious memory. He needs time for his wounds to heal. Maybe in the future you guys will be more.

• Of course. We had such a fruitful connection. It started and continued to be respectful between us. I love that about him. Its just sucks that it had to end. Thank you :)

• Sadly, most things come to an end. Good times and the bad.

I'd stop holding onto someone who has already let you go. It's impossible to know for sure if he'll come back, but how long are you prepared to wait for that day of hope you're clinging to. Life will pass you by, and so will new opportunities.

• In this case, because he wanted it to end.