Why is my ex still messaging me?

So my ex and I broke up about 3 weeks ago, after a year together, it was a mutual decision. We didn't speak for the first week and then it was the odd text for the second. Now on the third week he is constantly messaging, and I find it very hard to ignore. I don't know if he is just missing me or what, but he is very responsive and it is now an everyday thing. I've been having doubts about the break up but I don't want to say anything incase he doesn't feel the same way. Help

21

What Guys Said 1

• He isn't wanting a relationship just a fuck. You'll never fuck him enough to make him want you

What Girls Said 2

• He's just going through the motions. This is usually when they start feeling lonely and scared. This is the begging stage. Begging you to return and they will change or they are sorry for letting you go. About week 4 or 5 it slows, but they will still be open for reconciliation if that is what you want.

• Well, you need to decide if you want to get back together or not. If you need time at least reply to him and remain friendly and friends. Maybe that's what he wants - to be friends. It will probably subside in time if you don't want it to go anywhere.